Another crypto newbie

Hello all,
Glad to have found your little corner of the world here!
I’m barely 3 weeks old to crypto and am going to have some questions - and will try to find the proper thread to post them.... maybe posting here is fine - not sure.
Anyhow - good to meet all of you and here is a cyber handshake.

Welcome Jiminy Cricket. Glad to hear to are keeping up after 3 weeks. And thanks for the cyber handshake. May I ask you a question regarding your name? What does "cricket" means here? Is it stand for the game or the insect?

In the US, it was the name of Panocio:s "conscious" an insect that tried to guide him. Walt Disney movie

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Thank you Darra. I didn't know that. I take it that you meant Pinocchio. I haven't watched that movie yet. I will watch the one from 1940. Thanks again for sharing this trivia.

Hello all,
Glad to have found your little corner of the world here!
I’m barely 3 weeks old to crypto and am going to have some questions - and will try to find the proper thread to post them.... maybe posting here is fine - not sure.
Anyhow - good to meet all of you and here is a cyber handshake.
Welcome to the CryptoWorld!
In case you have any questions regarding Initial Coin Offerings, go ahead. I've invested, for example, in Cointed, and Giftz. Both of them are great as projects and their profitability cannot be denied, let alone their resilience. They're still on the market, so it's not too late. Another two ICO's grabbed my attention lately (again from coinschedule) are:
  1. Omnitude
  2. AgroTechFarm

Thank you Darra. I didn't know that. I take it that you meant Pinocchio. I haven't watched that movie yet. I will watch the one from 1940. Thanks again for sharing this trivia.
Jemesr,
Darra is correct - it’s from Pinocchio. When I was a young lad, my cousin gave me a Pinocchio storybook with LP records to play. I would play the record and follow along in the picture storybook. When it was time to turn the page it would chirp the cricket sound from the record player. Way better than these smart phones of today, ha, ha! Dang if I can find that old LP record storybook ... it’s probably worth something.
So now it’s my screen name, it just popped into my head at the time.

Welcome to the CryptoWorld!
In case you have any questions regarding Initial Coin Offerings, go ahead. I've invested, for example, in Cointed, and Giftz. Both of them are great as projects and their profitability cannot be denied, let alone their resilience. They're still on the market, so it's not too late. Another two ICO's grabbed my attention lately (again from coinschedule) are:
  1. Omnitude
  2. AgroTechFarm
Thank you Jeremycoinson,
I will check those out when I can log back in at Coinbase ... I’ve been locked out for like 5 weeks now. Restored my IPhone and wrecked the 2FA. I can’t cry anymore tears. But now it seems like we have it - I am on the 48-72 hour wait.

Jemesr,
Darra is correct - it’s from Pinocchio. When I was a young lad, my cousin gave me a Pinocchio storybook with LP records to play. I would play the record and follow along in the picture storybook. When it was time to turn the page it would chirp the cricket sound from the record player. Way better than these smart phones of today, ha, ha! Dang if I can find that old LP record storybook ... it’s probably worth something.
So now it’s my screen name, it just popped into my head at the time.
Becareful...lol your giving away your age, book on LP record...(not even book on tape) lol

Becareful...lol your giving away your age, book on LP record...(not even book on tape) lol

Worse yet if memory serves me correctly, the LP records were 78 speed, not 45’s or 33’s, talk about old...When you get my age, decades fly by like years.
Ok yeah I think that puts you past me! I do remember 45's lol