Another crypto newbie

Apr 2017
Texas
Yea!!! I’m back in my account after a looooong lock out.
Can someone explain the private vs public keys for me.
From the perspective of a bank account, think of the public key as your bank account number. You can safely give that number out because it is essentially a deposit account number. In order to withdrawal money you need other identifying information (whether it be a secret pin, ID, signature, password, etc); that is essentially your private key. If anyone ever obtains your private key they can do anything with your funds. Don’t ever give up your private key for any reason. It’s the keys to the kingdom.

From the perspective of a bank account, think of the public key as your bank account number. You can safely give that number out because it is essentially a deposit account number. In order to withdrawal money you need other identifying information (whether it be a secret pin, ID, signature, password, etc); that is essentially your private key. If anyone ever obtains your private key they can do anything with your funds. Don’t ever give up your private key for any reason. It’s the keys to the kingdom.
Ok, I know my password and would never give that out. Then there is the 16 digit secret seed that can get me back in my account should I lose my 2FA and/or password.
What’s the 34 digit address associated with my coins? It gives the option to create a new address.
Is that the address I would use to buy other coins in another exchange?

Apr 2017
Texas
Ok, I know my password and would never give that out. Then there is the 16 digit secret seed that can get me back in my account should I lose my 2FA and/or password.
What’s the 34 digit address associated with my coins? It gives the option to create a new address.
Is that the address I would use to buy other coins in another exchange?
Depends on the exchange or wallet platform you’re using. Each coin has its own base address (eg ERC-20 tokens begin with 0x). You’ll have to provide a specific example for your situation.

Apr 2017
Texas
Is there a trick to moving crypto from Binance to a Ledger Nano S?
I don’t see how to do that.
Provided the Ledger supports the coin you’re trying to move there, just plug in the Ledger, get it open using the Chrome app, find the receive address for the type of coin you want to send to it, copy that address, then go to Binance and paste that address in the ‘withdrawal to’ address field and send it.