Best UK Exchange

Cryptocurrency Forum - Jan 9th 2018

1. hiranuk

hiranuk

UK
    Hi

I am just starting up with concurrency. Im from the UK and have a Coinbase account. I understand i can buy Ripple with Bitcoin through Polinex Exchange.

My question is for UK users what other Exchanges are good in order to buy other currency like
    VERGE, IOTA, and many others. Polinex does not have VERGE coins, but Bittrex do but they dont have many others. Is there a good Exchange for UK users that will have most of the coins that are out there to invest in.

Thanks in advance

2. evo

evo Admin

Seattle
    Crypto:
    BTC, ETH, XRP, STR, ADA, ZRX, OMG
    Being in the UK, your country is only a real concern when it comes to converting your fiat money to crypto money. You already have a Coinbase account, so you can buy your BTC or ETH and send it to any exchange you like/prefer.

One problem you will find right now is some exchanges are temporarily halting new user registrations because they cannot keep up with the demand.

You can also buy Verge (XVG) on HitBTC. At present time, you can sign up and start trading immediately. And no verification is required as long as you keep your funds in crypto only. Send your BTC to HitBTC, trade for XVG, and you're good to go from there.

Let us know if you have any questions.

3. hiranuk

hiranuk

UK
    Hi

Thanks for your reply. When you say "no verification required as long as the funds are kept in crypto" Does this mean that if i decide to transfer back from say XVG to Bitcoin on my HitBIC account then transfer Bitcoin to my Polinex account so that i can Withdraw back to Fiat £, there will be no verification or charges?

4. Cyreath

Cyreath

UK
    Crypto:
    XRP, IOTA, LTC, XMR
    Hi HiranUK,

Many of the exchanges will allow you to sign-up, get an address to send ETH, BTC, etc. and then trade it on their exchange for other crypto.

The challenge is when you sell up to USD/EUR/GBP and want to transfer it back to your bank. You then need to be verified. UK banking / anti money laundering law requires them to follow Know Your Customer (KYC) and other compliance steps or the FSA / PRA, etc. will jump on them.

That's when you need to provide all the photo ID, bills, do a test deposit to/from your bank, etc. to prove who you are. Right now that's taking weeks, 6 to 8 is normal it seems. I guess if you've cashed out it's not a massive issue in terms of risk of the exchange being hacked. Crypto and Fiat are in different places, but don't bank on it. Start the verification process ASAP and keep on it till done.

Cy

5. hiranuk

hiranuk

UK
    Hi

thanks. I think i have already verified on Coinbase yesterday and it took 5 mins. I logged in went to Settings > Limits and then verified. Shortly after my "limits" were lifted. Does this mean i have completed the full verification even for making Withdrawals or do i still need to do more ?. Thanks

6. Cyreath

Cyreath

UK
    Crypto:
    XRP, IOTA, LTC, XMR
    Should be done then - I think once you see the Limits area showing the Weekly limits and the 'Wait xx days to increase your limits' bit you're done.

Cy

7. Pieball

Pieball

Belfast n. Ireland
    theres a site called bittilicious you can buy doge with a bank transfer its very quick tiny fees and doge can be converted into almost anything, transferring doge costs 1 doge which is about 0.01 dollars the best option ive found so far, or you can buy most on iq option but its 10% comission

8. gabs888

gabs888

Liverpool
    Hi, the three sites I trust and use most are Binance, Coinexchange and Cryptopia... You will need to buy bitcoin using Coinbase first, as the other sites will only accept crypto currency as payment. Over the last week or so new registrations have been frozen although it is still possible to get in with a little patience....
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=17201738
    https://www.coinbase.com/join/59edc308fededc00de1e2448
    https://www.coinexchange.io/?r=bd80b8c9
    https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Register?referrer=gabs808

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Pieball

Pieball

Belfast n. Ireland
    Too expensive to transfer bit coin you are throwing money away try doge its next to no fees

gabs888 likes this.