BEWARE: We Grow Bitcoin, Ethereum Project, and Ethereum Chamber are scams.

Status
Archived

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
"We Grow Bitcoins encourages users to make a ‘donation’ of 0.01BTC and sign up 5 additional members to the company, each of whom ‘donate’ 0.01BTC to the referrer. Users are then encouraged to sign up more users and donate larger sums in exchange for promised monthly returns of up to 62 BTC. Predictably, members never see the promised returns and are left with the shame of having signed up others to the scam."

"Ethereum Project claims that a portion of all ‘donations’ will go to Choice Humanitarian, an unlikely claim designed to foster an illusion of philanthropy. Underneath the veneer of charity, Ethereum Project is a generic MLM pyramid scheme that entices users with unrealistic potential returns in exchange for affiliate sign-ups, stimulating their victim’s appetite for greed before relieving them of their coiffures."

"Also, according to recent online accounts, the web domain ethereumchamber.net has been used to steal the private keys of unsuspecting customers. After the scam was revealed the site started hosting the official music video for Juicy J’s ‘Blue Bentley’ single – an apparent jest at those who fell victim to the malicious fraud.

Ethereumchamber has disappeared as quickly as it emerged, following a brief wave of sponsored publicity hosted on many leading Bitcoin and cryptocurrency media outlets, blogs, and websites."

"Rumors of the scam first emerged from MyEtherWallet.com, who tweeted stating “CONFIRMED: Ethereum Chamber is stealing your private keys. DO NOT USE”. Ethereum news website ethnews.com contacted Ethereumchamber regarding the allegations in recent days, only to receive the following response – “Theft is illegal. We don’t condone illegal activities. Lol”

There are a lot of scams out there and as the crypto market grows there will only be more. Always approach everything with caution.

https://news.bitcoin.com/scam-alert-round-ethereumchamber-grow-bitcoin-ethereum-project/

evo

Site Admin
And I suspect there are quite a bit more scams out there too. Every time I hear about another crypto project or an ICO, I always question the validity of the project/token... but I have no desire to invest any money, time, or resources into any of these projects and instead choose to focus on the more established cryptos. Sure, this probably prevents me from getting in early on some legitimate cryptos (Zcash is the first one that comes to mind), but I also sleep better at night knowing my investments are in cryptos that have some sort of reputable track record.

Status
Archived