Bitcoin Cash Shrugged

Status
Archived

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Apparently Coinbase decided to add Bitcoin Cash as an early Christmas present, for some at least. And immediately the entire market tanked, especially Bitcoin. BCH added.png Roger Ver is probably having a good day.

From
UK
Hoping for a drop over the Christmas break. Coinbase Buy/Sell page isn't even rendering for me right now. Might be having a lot of people trading.

Also saw the charts are down, with a slight rebound, across the board but going right up for BCH. Sell off to fund BCH buys?

Ooh, now BCH purchases are 'temporarily disabled' - must be having a busy time!

Cy

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Hoping for a drop over the Christmas break. Coinbase Buy/Sell page isn't even rendering for me right now. Might be having a lot of people trading.

Also saw the charts are down, with a slight rebound, across the board but going right up for BCH. Sell off to fund BCH buys?

Ooh, now BCH purchases are 'temporarily disabled' - must be having a busy time!

Cy
Illustrates just how influential Coinbase is to the overall market.

From
UK
You beat me to that thought. Seriously, if Coinbase can add a Crypto that's available on other exchanges and providers, yet affect the price so much - that's a real testament to how influential they are. Pretty crazy.

In a way though that's a good thing to keep in mind - watch for a buying window caused by Coinbase adding new cryptos!

Does it mean we're not going to see Ripple on there?

Cy

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
You beat me to that thought. Seriously, if Coinbase can add a Crypto that's available on other exchanges and providers, yet affect the price so much - that's a real testament to how influential they are. Pretty crazy.

In a way though that's a good thing to keep in mind - watch for a buying window caused by Coinbase adding new cryptos!

Does it mean we're not going to see Ripple on there?

Cy
We could. It’ll be interesting to see what other coins they’ll add in 2018.

Status
Archived