BTC to XRP

Status
Archived
From
California
Hi. So I am new to cryptocurrency and i bought $300 of BTC. I turned 75% into XRP and other 25% into TRX. TRX arrived and now is in my wallet in Binance but my XRP hasn't arrived yet (been about 10 hours). It says that i will have the BTC in my wallet but when I try to purchase XRP and click 100%, it says i have no BTC. Can someone tell me what is going on here?

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Hi. So I am new to cryptocurrency and i bought $300 of BTC. I turned 75% into XRP and other 25% into TRX. TRX arrived and now is in my wallet in Binance but my XRP hasn't arrived yet (been about 10 hours). It says that i will have the BTC in my wallet but when I try to purchase XRP and click 100%, it says i have no BTC. Can someone tell me what is going on here?
Could be a slow network. If you have the hash ID’s you can search them on the blockchain to see how many confirmations there are.

From
USA

Bought some Litecoin on Coinbase today and converted it to XRP on Binance. Didn't realize I had to convert LTC into Bitcoin before I could exchange it into XRP because they apparently don't do an LTC/XRP conversion. I wanted to send just enough to my Ripple wallet to take care of the reserve as I had heard some horror stories about some of these exchanges. After I got my verification email, it came through no problem. Sent the balance of XRP to my Ripple wallet and it came through no problems.

Some of the verification emails went into my spam folder so I would check there.

From
UK
Bought some Litecoin on Coinbase today and converted it to XRP on Binance. Didn't realize I had to convert LTC into Bitcoin before I could exchange it into XRP because they apparently don't do an LTC/XRP conversion.

I just transferred my Litecoin into Binance thinking I could use it to trade, but now see that I cannot! How do I convert my Litecoin into BTC in Binance?

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
I just transferred my Litecoin into Binance thinking I could use it to trade, but now see that I cannot! How do I convert my Litecoin into BTC in Binance?
You'll have to sell your LTC for BTC, then once you have BTC you can buy want ever other coin you want that pairs with BTC which is virtually everything. Remember than pairings are an important thing to consider when trading cryptos. Not all coins pair together. In fact most coins don't and it will depend on what exchange you're using. Most common pairings on most exchanges (excluding ShapeShift-which uses a completed different method for a higher fee) include BTC/(basically any other crypto, ETH/(every crypto that is on the ETH network, and USDT/(various coins). Some exchanges like Poloniex will pair LTC to a few other coins, but it is less common. The best way to know ahead of time is to check your exchange and see what pairings they offer. You can also look at CoinMarketCap, click on the coin you're wanting to trade so it goes to that coins specific page with its specific chart, scroll below the chart and click on the Markets tab and it will show you all the pairings available for that particular coin and what source each pairing is from.

From
UK
Ahhh - thanks V4Vendetta. I see...

It's all a bit of a learning curve for me, but I see what to do now after your careful explanation. Yes - I've been looking at CoinMarketCap for the last week or so, and have set my accounts up on CoinHub, HitBTC, and obviously Binance.

Anyhow - apologies for hijacking this thread - and thanks again for the advice!

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Ahhh - thanks V4Vendetta. I see...

It's all a bit of a learning curve for me, but I see what to do now after your careful explanation. Yes - I've been looking at CoinMarketCap for the last week or so, and have set my accounts up on CoinHub, HitBTC, and obviously Binance.

Anyhow - apologies for hijacking this thread - and thanks again for the advice!
No worries.

From
USA
No worries.

Thanks for all your help V4. After doing a little bit of legwork, and hearing all the horror stories about some of these exchanges, I found Binance worked well for me to exchange BTC into XPR and Verge. The coins were in my desktop wallets in no time. I just wish there was an easier way to buy alt coins directly, but we are somewhat restricted here in the US so everything seems to have to go through Coinbase initially. Hopefully if the rumors are true, will soon be able to buy some of these coins directly from Coinbase.

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Thanks for all your help V4. After doing a little bit of legwork, and hearing all the horror stories about some of these exchanges, I found Binance worked well for me to exchange BTC into XPR and Verge. The coins were in my desktop wallets in no time. I just wish there was an easier way to buy alt coins directly, but we are somewhat restricted here in the US so everything seems to have to go through Coinbase initially. Hopefully if the rumors are true, will soon be able to buy some of these coins directly from Coinbase.
Agreed. For the longest time BTC had the monopoly on pairing. Now there’s a few more options, but not nearly as many as we’d all like to see. But the hardest pairings are fiat to crypto. If someone could build an exchange that would allow fiat to any crypto or any crypto to any crypto, that would be a huge game changer. I know OmiseGo was talking about ideas along these lines about a year ago, maybe in the future they can come up with something like that. Who knows. And yes, it would be convenient if Coinbase did add more coins.

From
Delray Beach, FL
You'll have to sell your LTC for BTC, then once you have BTC you can buy want ever other coin you want that pairs with BTC which is virtually everything. Remember than pairings are an important thing to consider when trading cryptos. Not all coins pair together. In fact most coins don't and it will depend on what exchange you're using. Most common pairings on most exchanges (excluding ShapeShift-which uses a completed different method for a higher fee) include BTC/(basically any other crypto, ETH/(every crypto that is on the ETH network, and USDT/(various coins). Some exchanges like Poloniex will pair LTC to a few other coins, but it is less common. The best way to know ahead of time is to check your exchange and see what pairings they offer. You can also look at CoinMarketCap, click on the coin you're wanting to trade so it goes to that coins specific page with its specific chart, scroll below the chart and click on the Markets tab and it will show you all the pairings available for that particular coin and what source each pairing is from.
I purchased BTC on Coinbase want to sell BTC for XRP on Poloniex Exchange but can I buy XRP on the USDT market since its value of XRP is $1.0180090 and If I buy BTC to XRP on the BTC Market the Value of XRP is $.00006900. Can I purchase BTC to XRP on the USDT Market and what exchange can I do this with in order to perform this BTC to XRP on the USDT market?

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
I purchased BTC on Coinbase want to sell BTC for XRP on Poloniex Exchange but can I buy XRP on the USDT market since its value of XRP is $1.0180090 and If I buy BTC to XRP on the BTC Market the Value of XRP is $.00006900. Can I purchase BTC to XRP on the USDT Market and what exchange can I do this with in order to perform this BTC to XRP on the USDT market?
You first have to buy USDT with your BTC to then buy XRP. So it would be an additional exchange with an additional exchange fee. But I don’t trust USDT. There’s a lot of speculation it’s an unsustainable scam. Plus USDT is not a dollar to dollar ratio. It gives you an amount of USDT based on the percentage of gain.

From
Delray Beach, FL
You first have to buy USDT with your BTC to then buy XRP. So it would be an additional exchange with an additional exchange fee. But I don’t trust USDT. There’s a lot of speculation it’s an unsustainable scam. Plus USDT is not a dollar to dollar ratio. It gives you an amount of USDT based on the percentage of gain.

I understand what you are saying and I thank you for this information. Some where I seen a quote that XRP could go to $17.00 to $30.00 is that figure under USDT or BTC Market?

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
I understand what you are saying and I thank you for this information. Some where I seen a quote that XRP could go to $17.00 to $30.00 is that figure under USDT or BTC Market?
Whenever people give a USD figure, it’s what they project a coin to be worth relative to the USD. USDT which is Tether is a crypto currency that is algorithmically pegged to the US dollar. So if you’re looking at an exchange it’s going to show pairing prices based on whatever market tab you’re looking at. For instance, if you’re looking at the BTC market tab, every coin it pairs with on that exchange will show the last sell price denominated in BTC value (eg 1 DASH may trade for 0.085 BTC. You’d then have to do the math yourself to determine the value relative to USD). So if people are projecting XRP to be a certain USD value it’s still relative to the exchange value of whatever pairing crypto you would have to trade it with. If all coins could trade directly with fiat currency the entire marketplace may look a bit different.

From
USA
Agreed. For the longest time BTC had the monopoly on pairing. Now there’s a few more options, but not nearly as many as we’d all like to see. But the hardest pairings are fiat to crypto. If someone could build an exchange that would allow fiat to any crypto or any crypto to any crypto, that would be a huge game changer. I know OmiseGo was talking about ideas along these lines about a year ago, maybe in the future they can come up with something like that. Who knows. And yes, it would be convenient if Coinbase did add more coins.

Have you had any experiences with the Coinomi wallet? I'm trying to send some Verge to exchange it for XRP on Binance and I get an error message saying invalid address. I double checked the address and it is correct. I even tried sending to Coinbase and I get the same message. I generated a ticket but who know how long this will take. Any ideas what would be causing this?

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Have you had any experiences with the Coinomi wallet? I'm trying to send some Verge to exchange it for XRP on Binance and I get an error message saying invalid address. I double checked the address and it is correct. I even tried sending to Coinbase and I get the same message. I generated a ticket but who know how long this will take. Any ideas what would be causing this?
You can only send coins to exchanges that support that coin, and can only send that coin to its appropriate wallet. I hope you’re not trying to send XVG to a BTC or ETH, etc, wallet.

Status
Archived