Canada: Where/How to buy Ethereum and Dash?

Status
Archived
From
Vancouver
I'm looking to purchase a couple hundred dollars worth of Ethereum and Dash as a Canadian. I am planning to hold onto this amount for at least several years, and then I may sell them. Where would the best place for me to go purchase and sell Ethereum and Dash?

evo

Site Admin
Hello and welcome!

The first thing you should do is create an account on Coinbase, which is one of the easiest, safest ways to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum. They are a legitimate company and are US based.

Here's a referral link - Coinbase

Through the Coinbase site, you can immediately purchase Ethereum (ETH).

For Dash, you're going to have to buy some Bitcoin (BTC) through Coinbase, send the BTC to an exchange (Poloniex) and convert your BTC to Dash. And then I would recommend moving your Dash off the exchange to a wallet you trust. For Dash, I use and would recommend the Exodus wallet.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to assist!

From
Vancouver
Thank you for your response.

How would I sell my ETH from Coinbase? I believe that Coinbase stopped providing Canadians a way to sell crypto-currencies.

My understanding is that wallets are a way to store your crypto-currencies. Do I also store ETH in a wallet? If the wallet provider stops existing, will I loose all my money?

From
Greater London, UK
There are pre-pay cards like cryptopay.me that allow you to convert bitcoin into fiat currency.You can move your dash into bitcoin..I heard you can withdraw it as cash from an ATM cash machine, which is pretty much the same as selling, which I am thinking of trying. Blockchain is now accepting bitcoin, ethereum and bitcoin cash.I have bought bitcoin on blockchain with debit card-as far as I know they will allow selling as well. Myetherwallet is a web wallet to store ethereum you can log into using a 12 word passphrase you must not forget or will not get money back. I have had some nightmares but I would stick to respectable mainstream wallets so they dont disappear overnight like the blockchains . I think the answer is yes if the wallet provider ceases to exist, and one morning you wake up to find their website gives 404 PAGE NOT FOUND they have run off with your money to never be found again

From
Greater London, UK
Thank you for your response.

How would I sell my ETH from Coinbase? I believe that Coinbase stopped providing Canadians a way to sell crypto-currencies.

My understanding is that wallets are a way to store your crypto-currencies. Do I also store ETH in a wallet? If the wallet provider stops existing, will I loose all my money?

sorry i was not clear.each cryptocurrency has its own blockchain, and it is generally safest to store your cryptocurrency on its native blockchain , or you must use mainstream software or hardware wallet

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Status
Archived