Cannot find private key to access my Ethereum wallet?

Hi

I had some "Ethereeum meta" ETHM in a wallet, i then went to "token store" exchange and then transferred all the ETHM to another wallet this wallet was a ethereum wallet. When i go to etherscan website is can see the ETHM is in wallet i transferred it to but i cant see the private key and so i cannt deposit it on token store as this exchange requires the private key.

How can i retrieve the private key on etherscan?. or any other method.

Thanks in advance.

evo

Site Admin
Apr 2017
Seattle
When you created your wallet, there were 3 key pieces of information that were created:
  1. Wallet Address / Login
  2. Wallet Pass
  3. Secret Key / Secret Passphrase
To restore/recreate and access your wallet, you will need one of the following scenarios:

Items 1 and 2, from the above list
Using your login and pass, you can access your wallet. Your secret key is not required for this scenario.

Item 3, from the above list
Using your secret key, you can access your wallet. Alternatively, using your secret passphrase, you can recreate your entire wallet and generate a new login.

When you created your wallet, I'm hoping you recorded this information. And a friendly reminder to always safeguard and protect this information.

Let me know if you have any questions or what info you have or don't have?

When you created your wallet, there were 3 key pieces of information that were created:
  1. Wallet Address / Login
  2. Wallet Pass
  3. Secret Key / Secret Passphrase
To restore/recreate and access your wallet, you will need one of the following scenarios:

Items 1 and 2, from the above list
Using your login and pass, you can access your wallet. Your secret key is not required for this scenario.

Item 3, from the above list
Using your secret key, you can access your wallet. Alternatively, using your secret passphrase, you can recreate your entire wallet and generate a new login.

When you created your wallet, I'm hoping you recorded this information. And a friendly reminder to always safeguard and protect this information.

Let me know if you have any questions or what info you have or don't have?
Hi thanks for your reply. After looking into this i have realised that i created the ETH address on the Binance exchange. So what i did was go to "deposit" for ETH and that created the ETH address, then i tried to transfer "Ethereum META" ETHM (from token store) to that address and realised that ETHM is not the same as ETH.

but when i check on the etherscan website it shows that the address i created on Binance contains 4000 ETHM tokens. So how can i obtain the private key for the ETH deposit address i created from Binance? is this even possible? Thanks