Changelly will not transfer XRP to Rippex wallet

Status
Archived
From
Austin
New to Alt currency - I am using Changelly to convert Bitcoin to XRP. Conversion completed successfully yesterday but the transfer has been going for 18 hours with no error message. Some notes / background:

- I did not set up multi-step Auth on Coinbase but Changelly converted to XRP no errors.
- Changelly status is "sending to your wallet".
- Rippex DT wallet is not activated but my assumption was that the deposit from Changelly will add more than enough XRP to set the20 XRP_min required?
- I did not set up a regular key in Rippex DT wallet as it was optional.

Is it possible that I need to deposit from a wallet from elsewhere before the Changelly process can deposit my XRP? Will I be able to address this issue and still get the transfer completed from Changelly? I would expect an error message if any of the above are the issue but nothing so far...

Any and all suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
:

evo

Site Admin
In your settings under Network, make sure your Rippex wallet is online and connected.

I would first send 30 XRP to your wallet address to activate the wallet. Confirm that works. Then send the rest of the XRP over.

If you're concerned the transaction won't go through, double check your XRP wallet address and send a small amount first before sending your remaining balance.

Let us know if you have any questions.

From
Austin
I found changelly doesn't have XRP as an option. I just used Binance to get it done.
Thanks for the response - I started the exchange before they removed XRP from their currency list. Problem I have now, the XRP isn't in a wallet yet and the BTC balance went to 0 on coinbase after the Changelly exchange started. Any idea where the XRP is stored? Changelly has not responded to my support request.

From
gulf breeze florida
Really? I would check with coinbase, if XRP wasn't on changelly then the transaction shouldn't have happened and they should be able to pull it back in or cancel it.

From
Austin
In your settings under Network, make sure your Rippex wallet is online and connected.

I would first send 30 XRP to your wallet address to activate the wallet. Confirm that works. Then send the rest of the XRP over.

If you're concerned the transaction won't go through, double check your XRP wallet address and send a small amount first before sending your remaining balance.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the feedback EVO.
After waiting 4 days, the correct amount of XRP has been transferred to my wallet. Changelly is very backlogged but others are receiving their XRP as well. Changelly is posting on twitter periodically but they need to be consistent with communications to customers.

Reactions: evo

evo

Site Admin
Cool. Happy to hear things worked out for you.

I don't want to defend Changelly, but every exchange right now is backlogged because of the massive influx of new user adoption to crypto right now. Bittrex has completely disabled all new user registrations because they cannot handle the load, and every exchange I'm on has notices that transfers may be delayed.

I hope things get better soon because it's only going to be more and more people using these services for 2018.

Status
Archived