- Apr 2017
Crypto Fear & Greed Index
The Crypto Fear and Greed Index analyzes general emotions and sentiments from multiple sources and computes the different results into one simple number. This is represented on a scale from 0 to 100 to show extreme fear to extreme greed:
- 0 means Extreme Fear
- 100 represents Extreme Greed
- Extreme Fear can be used as a sign showing investors are too worried. This represents a possible buying opportunity.
- Extreme Greed is when investors are getting too greedy. This means the market is usually due for a correction.
- Volatility - Measuring the current and maximum volatility, and comparing against the corresponding average values of the last 30/90 days.
- Market Momentum and Volume - Measuring current volume and market momentum, comparing with the last 30/90 day average values.
- Social Media - Twitter analysis, computing post counts on applicable hashtags and the rate of interactions in specific time frames. No Reddit sentiment analysis is performed.
- Dominance - Coin dominance is measured using the current market capitalization against the entire crypto market.
- Trends - Measured using Google Trends data, to include search queries, changes in search volume, and currently popular search trends.