Easy mining cryptocurrency

Status
Archived
From
Ukraine
Are there any cryptocurrencies where "ordinary" people can do support of the network (aka mining) ? In bitcoin and most popular coins it is needed to do mining and only someone who has good equipment can do this and get rewards - more coins/tokens. If you don't have costly equipment , you can not play this game. Are there alternatives? Some other type of prove ? Like a lottery between users or so? Some fully decentralised cryptocurrency but without requirement to do costly calculations?

I did small research and i can not find some "bitcoin with easy mining" where i could get some coins just for staying online and supporting the coin transactions.
Is the community interested in this too?

evo

Site Admin
What kind of research did you do?

Can you share with us more details about your mining experiences?

From
Ukraine
My experience is simple - i can mine nothing with my desktop.
As i see , almost all crypto needs mining to support blockchain . Some altcoins don't need, but they work differently - they have tokens "premined" or something fuly different from blockchain

I thought, maybe there is some sort of blockchain 2.0 where PoW is replaces with something other , some "fair" system that doesn't need powerfull equipment and so much electric power.

From
UK
I'm certainly interested in mining. I have a gaming system that can sit online, that while not as powerful as a mining rig, will be good enough for 'casual' mining.

It's currently running Monero mining software connected to a pool. An experiment to see how it performs over about 16 days while I'm away from that PC.

I'll report in on the forum if I have any luck with it.

Cy

From
Matrix
I'm interested in mining too... With my laptop I cannot get more than $50 per month 24/7... It is eating too many resources and I can cook eggs... I tried with monero, etherum, etherum classic but no chances for me...

From
Romania
For those with low mining power, it is recommended to use minergate, or perform tests to see the power of the hash that your computer have. Then post here the hash power and I will try to recommend coins that are worth mining with your computer.
How can I test my pc to see the power of the hash?Tnx

Status
Archived