Exchange security question

Status
Archived
From
Idaho
Until I get offline wallets I am using several exchanges. I want to leave instructions how to access the accounts in the event the unfortunate should happen to me. I use SMS on Binance which is specific to my phone. What if my phone is not available for a family member to receive the message? Any suggestions?

From
US
Until I get offline wallets I am using several exchanges. I want to leave instructions how to access the accounts in the event the unfortunate should happen to me. I use SMS on Binance which is specific to my phone. What if my phone is not available for a family member to receive the message? Any suggestions?
Are we talking 2fa logging in process?

IaimToMisBehave

From
Belfast n. Ireland
Just use 2fa not sms and write the 2fa activation code on a piece of paper along with your password and email address, they can download 2fa to any phone and activate it with the code

From
Belfast n. Ireland
2fa is Google authenticator you can download it on the play store the site will give you a code to put in to activate it it's the activation code you need to keep

From
US
It's better to get the app called authy. It's like the Google authenticator but the authy app backed your 2fa codes.
So if u change your phone, breaks or whatever u can recover it.
With the Google authenticator, u can't back it up so If u loose your phone then that could be a problem.
It's a good idea to write down the codes just in case. Better to have 2 types of back up.

IaimToMisBehave

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
I agree with 2by2handsofblue. I would use Authy for 2FA. Google Authenticator is not up to par as far as recovery. You can also download Authy for your desktop computer and sink it to your phone. Once you're all set up with that you can write out detailed instructions on how someone else could access your accounts in the event of something bad happening. I've actually been thinking about this as well. That would be a great idea for a coin. A smart contract will/trust platform for how to deal with crypto assets upon someone's death. Don't steal my idea. Ha ha!

From
US
No. 2fa is an option on Binance whereas until recently, they only offered texting (SMS) for security. Now they offer it for many countries. They send a text to my cell phone for me to authorize.
I thought on binance, they don't have the SMS options for American users

IaimToMisBehave

Status
Archived