Guide for managing Ripple (XRP) on a Ledger hardware wallet

Knowledgebase Forum - May 19th 2017

1. evo

evo Admin

Seattle
    Crypto:
    BTC/ETH/XRP
    Installation of Ripple (XRP) App on your Ledger Nano S or Blue

Make sure your Nano S has been updated to the latest 1.3.1 firmware. To check, go to Settings > Firmware. If you need to upgrade, follow these steps. The Blue doesn’t require any specific firmware.

To add XRP support on your Ledger hardware wallet, launch the Ledger Manager and install the XRP app on your device. The maximum number of apps is limited by memory constraints. You may have to uninstall first another app.

Managing your Ripple (XRP) wallet on your Ledger Nano S or Blue

To manage your Ripple (XRP) wallet, install the Ledger Wallet XRP app. The app is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. This is a new, independent app, dedicated only to this cryptocurrency.

Step by Step Guide
    1. Make sure you have a Ledger Nano S or a Blue already configured.
    2. Make sure your Nano S has the latest 1.3.1 firmware. To check, go to Settings > Firmware. If you need to upgrade, follow these steps. The Blue doesn’t require any specific firmware.
    3. Launch the Ledger Wallet Manager, select the Applications tabs, find the XRP app and install it by clicking on the small bottom arrow. If you're having an error, it’s probably because your Nano S is full, which means you must remove an app.
    4. Close the Ledger Wallet Manager. It's important to have only one Ledger app running on your computer at the same time.
    5. Go the the Ledger Wallet XRP app page, and install the native app on your computer. The app is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
    6. Launch the Ledger Wallet XRP app.
    7. Select the XRP app on your Nano S and press both buttons.
    If your Ledger doesn’t sync, make sure that Browser Support is disabled. You can disabled this within the Settings of the XRP app on your device.

Additional Information
    • In case you lose your Nano S or Blue, your 24 words backup will also recover your XRP wallet in a new Nano S or Blue. You do not need to backup anything else.
    • Coming soon are tools to export your XRP private key (from the 24 words) if you need an emergency recovery without a Ledger device.
    • The Ledger Wallet XRP provides with only one address/account.
    The structure of the Ripple (XRP) protocol requires a minimum of 20 XRP on a new account for wallet activation. You must also always have a minimum of 20 XRP on your account.

2. vincegreen

vincegreen

US
    I'm trying to transfer my XRP from Poloniex to my new Nano S. Everything is set up and I'm good to go, however, Poloniex is requiring a "Destination Tag." I have no I idea where to find this. it appears to be Ripple required. Any ideas or help? I'm still searching but could use some help. Thanks.

3. vincegreen

vincegreen

US
    Found my own answer. Not necessary on the Ledger. They say you can put in any number you want but it must be a number. I had tried to enter a word which was not allowed.