Help with Verification on Coinbase?

Status
Archived
From
US
Hey everyone..like everyone else I'm new to the game and have decided to start with coinbase. Has anyone had trouble with verifying ID? Was able to put my checking account on coinbase with no issues. Now trying to link my card so I don't have to wait the 7 -10 days. That however hasn't worked. Is this normal? From what I have read you should be able to link it and buy btc right away using your debit/cc. Any info appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

evo

Site Admin
When you make a purchase from your bank account to Coinbase, there is a holding period which is usually around 7 days. Sometimes they say it will clear a couple days sooner, but I've always had my transfers take 7 or 8 days.

When you make a purchase from your linked credit card, the transaction is instant and the crypto is credited to your Coinbase immediately. If the transaction does not go through, it probably means your credit card company flagged the charge, and you need to confirm that the transaction was a legitimate one, and then attempt the charge again on Coinbase. It should go through.

FYI that even though Coinbase is a US company, the credit card processor they use is based in the United Kingdom, so your credit card will be charged from an international entity. This means that a)you're more likely to have your first charge flagged because it will show up as an international charge for US residents, and b)you will have to pay an international transaction fee because it's a bank based in the UK. Of course, if your credit card does not charge international transaction fees, the second point is not relevant.

And be sure to check your Coinbase Limits page to know how much you can use. The more transactions you make, and the more time that passes, these limits will be raised. I would also encourage you to visit the Coinbase Limits page once a week, because for whatever dumb reason, Coinbase doesn't always raise your limits until you've checked the page. :confused:

From
US
When you make a purchase from your bank account to Coinbase, there is a holding period which is usually around 7 days. Sometimes they say it will clear a couple days sooner, but I've always had my transfers take 7 or 8 days.

When you make a purchase from your linked credit card, the transaction is instant and the crypto is credited to your Coinbase immediately. If the transaction does not go through, it probably means your credit card company flagged the charge, and you need to confirm that the transaction was a legitimate one, and then attempt the charge again on Coinbase. It should go through.

FYI that even though Coinbase is a US company, the credit card processor they use is based in the United Kingdom, so your credit card will be charged from an international entity. This means that a)you're more likely to have your first charge flagged because it will show up as an international charge for US residents, and b)you will have to pay an international transaction fee because it's a bank based in the UK. Of course, if your credit card does not charge international transaction fees, the second point is not relevant.

And be sure to check your Coinbase Limits page to know how much you can use. The more transactions you make, and the more time that passes, these limits will be raised. I would also encourage you to visit the Coinbase Limits page once a week, because for whatever dumb reason, Coinbase doesn't always raise your limits until you've checked the page. :confused:
Thank you for that information. The problem I'm having is verifying my id. It's been on this verification screen for 15 minites now. However my checking information was completed in minutes. Am I doing something wrong?

evo

Site Admin
Thank you for that information. The problem I'm having is verifying my id. It's been on this verification screen for 15 minites now. However my checking information was completed in minutes. Am I doing something wrong?

The verification screen does not work on iPhone, iPad, or mobile devices. Are you on a computer or mobile device?

Another reason to try on the computer, is sometimes for the first few transactions, they ask for access to your webcam to take a picture of you holding your ID. Coinbase did this one time for me in the early days and never again.

Otherwise, Coinbase has been acting slow for the last few hours and their system could be slammed with traffic and you need to try again later in the day.

Let us know if you get through or not.

From
US
The verification screen does not work on iPhone, iPad, or mobile devices. Are you on a computer or mobile device?

Another reason to try on the computer, is sometimes for the first few transactions, they ask for access to your webcam to take a picture of you holding your ID. Coinbase did this one time for me in the early days and never again.

Otherwise, Coinbase has been acting slow for the last few hours and their system could be slammed with traffic and you need to try again later in the day.

Let us know if you get through or not.
I'm using a laptop. I first tried the webcam which didn't work. I then tried uploading my id. Once uploaded its been on the verification screen.

evo

Site Admin
Ok, good that you're on your laptop. It's hard to troubleshoot without seeing it... but it could be a browser issue.

Close and quit all your browsers. And log back in and try again, upload your ID, and see if the verification goes through.

If it does not, I would recommend trying a different browser.

From
US
Ok, good that you're on your laptop. It's hard to troubleshoot without seeing it... but it could be a browser issue.

Close and quit all your browsers. And log back in and try again, upload your ID, and see if the verification goes through.

If it does not, I would recommend trying a different browser.
Tried closing all the windows and resending for id verification still not working. I'm using microsoft edge browser. Which browser do you reccomend that I try? Again thanks for the help.

evo

Site Admin
I'm using microsoft edge browser. Which browser do you reccomend that I try? Again thanks for the help.
That might be the problem. Microsoft Edge is a good browser, but it's possible it's not playing nice with their Verification page.

Download Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and try accessing Coinbase there and see if your problem resolves. Both browsers are free.

Personally, I use and prefer and recommend Chrome.

From
US
That might be the problem. Microsoft Edge is a good browser, but it's possible it's not playing nice with their Verification page.

Download Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and try accessing Coinbase there and see if your problem resolves. Both browsers are free.

Personally, I use and prefer and recommend Chrome.
Tried chrome and it worked....took about 2 hours to get verified. Thanks again for the help!

Reactions: evo

evo

Site Admin
Awesome. Happy everything is working now.

Look forward to having you join the community. And feel free to post up any questions you have along the way.

Love the crypto! :)

Status
Archived