How long does it take funds to clear on Coinbase?

Status
Archived
From
US
Bought my bitcoin through coinbase using my checking information. It states that it will arrive in 7 days. Would using my check card be faster? Or would I still have to wait the 7 days? Been tracking xrp and was hoping to get in on it quicker. Thanks for any information.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

evo

Site Admin
Yes, your check card will be faster, assuming it has a Visa or Mastercard logo on the card. The moment you make the transaction on Coinbase, your BTC will immediately show up in your account. And from there you can send it to the exchange to trade your BTC for XRP.
  • When you make a purchase through your bank account, it will take 7 days for funds to clear.
  • When you make a purchase using a Visa or Mastercard credit card, the funds will clear immediately.

From
US
Yes, your check card will be faster, assuming it has a Visa or Mastercard logo on the card. The moment you make the transaction on Coinbase, your BTC will immediately show up in your account. And from there you can send it to the exchange to trade your BTC for XRP.
  • When you make a purchase through your bank account, it will take 7 days for funds to clear.
  • When you make a purchase using a Visa or Mastercard credit card, the funds will clear immediately.
Ok. I might have to invest a little more then. Would you reccomend poloniex or Binance?

evo

Site Admin
Would you reccomend poloniex or Binance?
Personally, I prefer Poloniex because they have the best user experience. But there's nothing wrong with Binance either.

When it comes to altcoins, we are forced to use different exchanges because not every coin is on every exchange. So it helps to have accounts setup and verified on multiple exchanges so you can get the coins you want when you want them.

But remember, exchanges are centralized, which means if they go under, so do your coins. For long term positions, I strongly recommend you move your coins off an exchange to a wallet you trust.

From
US
Personally, I prefer Poloniex because they have the best user experience. But there's nothing wrong with Binance either.

When it comes to altcoins, we are forced to use different exchanges because not every coin is on every exchange. So it helps to have accounts setup and verified on multiple exchanges so you can get the coins you want when you want them.

But remember, exchanges are centralized, which means if they go under, so do your coins. For long term positions, I strongly recommend you move your coins off an exchange to a wallet you trust.
I got a wallet for when I'm able to purchase coins. I got a rippex wallet for ripple. Is there a reccomended wallet where I can store multiple coins? I've done my research, just looking for other options.

evo

Site Admin
I got a wallet for when I'm able to purchase coins. I got a rippex wallet for ripple. Is there a reccomended wallet where I can store multiple coins? I've done my research, just looking for other options.
Unfortunately, you're going to have to use multiple wallets because there are different wallets for different coins. And some coins don't have any good wallets, or worse case scenario, no functional wallets at all.

For Ripple, I use Rippex.

For Dash and OMG, I use Exodus. Exodus supports a few other coins also.

I like the Electrum wallets for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Verge, etc.

Even though many people like it, I do not use and will never use Jaxx. Not a fan of their wallet and have heard horrible stories of people losing access to their funds.

Last edited:
From
US
Unfortunately, you're going to have to use multiple wallets because there are different wallets for different coins. And some coins don't have any good wallets, or worse case scenario, no functional wallets at all.

For Ripple, I use Rippex.

For Dash and OMG, I use Exodus. Exodus supports a few other coins also.

I like the Electrum wallets for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Verge, etc.

Even though many people like it, I do not use and will never use Jaxx. Not a fan of their wallet and have heard horrible stories of people losing access to their funds.
Is XLM the same as STR. Poloniex trades in STR. Whereas binance trades in XLM. A little confused.

evo

Site Admin
Is XLM the same as STR. Poloniex trades in STR. Whereas binance trades in XLM. A little confused.
It's ok to feel confused because I too, along with everyone else, feels the same as you lol

Stellar Lumens is usually recognized as XLM, but some exchanges have it listed under STR. They are the same coin.

Stellar is not the only coin that sometimes has 2 ticker symbols, depending what the exchange decides to use. For example, Bitcoin Cash is listed as BCH on some exchanges and BCC on others.

From
US
It's ok to feel confused because I too, along with everyone else, feels the same as you lol

Stellar Lumens is usually recognized as XLM, but some exchanges have it listed under STR. They are the same coin.

Stellar is not the only coin that sometimes has 2 ticker symbols, depending what the exchange decides to use. For example, Bitcoin Cash is listed as BCH on some exchanges and BCC on others.
Ok got it. Can you reccomend a good stellar wallet? Looks like centaurus and ecliptic look good.

evo

Site Admin
Can you reccomend a good stellar wallet? Looks like centaurus and ecliptic look good.
I'm currently looking into them, for myself, and will report back shortly on which one seems to be the best. And I'll probably do a walk through guide on how to store your Stellar Lumens in the wallet.

From
Rome, Italy
Having the same wait time...Its a tad frustrating but it's part of the process.

excuse me,
I understand that you was buying with credit card, were you?

Today I had my first transaction on Coinbase which unfortunately didn't go well (it was refused by my Credit Card Issuer) but f it went good and I still had to wait seven days .. that would be quite annoying ..

the info on their site seems quite clear on the point but, I dont know

From
US
excuse me,
I understand that you was buying with credit card, were you?

Today I had my first transaction on Coinbase which unfortunately didn't go well (it was refused by my Credit Card Issuer) but f it went good and I still had to wait seven days .. that would be quite annoying ..

the info on their site seems quite clear on the point but, I dont know
I used my checking account. It took my bank 2 days to authorize the withdraw from my account. Once you withdraw from you checking account it takes coinbase 7 days to release the BTC into your wallet. I can't speak to how fast a CC or bank debit card would take, but from what I read on tapatalk and a few other sites it would be instant. However people I talk to reccomend going the checking account way. It takes longer, but its safer. Hope this helps you!

Status
Archived