How to sell XRP with Rippex

Status
Archived

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Can somebody explain to me how i can sell my XRP's for EUR with Rippex?
Rippex is not a regular fiat exchange. Since they are a Brazil based wallet, I believe you can set up a Trust Line to a Brazilian bank account to bring in Brazilian Real (Brazil's fiat), but they don't support other fiats. Rippex, for non Brazilian citizens/residents is more of a storage solution than an exchange. If you want to sell them for fiat you'd have to transfer them to an exchange that would allow the direct exchange of fiat to XRP. You could try Kraken or GateHub.

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Do you see this XRP wallet by bittrex reliable?? as i only downloaded it to get my coins off an exchange, seems a lot of people are having problems tho mine has been working fine..

I seen on some youtube posts by ppl the fact its a company from brazil many believe it could be a scam product?

Your thoughts?
I think you mean Rippex. And no it’s not a scam. Very reliable.

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Yeah you are correct it is Rippex too, Bittrex is an exchange is it not?? I'm from Sydney Australia this is all new to me but have been joining forums such as this and on reddit also just trying to educate myself as much as possible!

Would you suggest that for the long term tho transferring my coins from the rippex wallet to a hardware device?

And with these hardware storage devices such as trezor and nano are they one time transfers or as i buy more of the same coin can i put them on there too?

i have read they hold up to a max of 3 different coins,i may be way wrong tho!
Rippex is fine for long term storage, or a hardware wallet is fine also. I would suggest researching each option before using it so you feel confident that you understand it first. Any wallet, including hardware wallets can send and receive as many times as you want. But with each transfer is a transaction fee. Some are higher than others, but Ripple is cheap. Also with Ripple each time you open a Ripple account 20XRP are used as a Base Reserve, to open the wallet and can not be used or reclaimed, so also something to be aware of. And as for a max of coins, each hardware wallet is different. The Nano will store up to 5 coins that can be accessible; I'm not sure about the Trezor.

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
I was looking for a wallet to store my XRP in for days watching videos and reading up about paper wallets which i was close to doing but then read an article on scam Security Key creation sites and that left me feeling uneasy

Then i found a youtube video on the Rippex wallet.

I had downloaded Exodus and Jaxx also but XRP was not an option and had read mixed reviews on how well they worked..

I know Exodus Eden just added XRP but from my understanding I'm better off just leaving in my Rippex Wallet now anyways as anywhere else i would move it to be it to an exchange or a desktop wallet of another sort, they all would require a 20 xrp to open a wallet and your just losing coins!
Yeah, honestly Rippex is a good solution. If Eden released a wallet out of beta then that might be a good option too but for now Eden is unsupported by Exodus directly.

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
have read that some people are concerned that they stopped doing updates for the rippex wallet...?? is this true and if so will my coins be safe on my desktop wallet will i have access to them in 1-2 years time??
Haven’t read that specifically. So far I’ve had a good experience with them. Part of the problem is that they are based in Brazil, so they may be more active within the Brazilian community and since most of us don’t speak Portuguese we aren’t privy to their community updates. But anytime you don’t feel safe about any wallet solution the best thing is to look for another one. Most hardware wallets support Ripple now so that’s an option.

Status
Archived