In 10 years, you will wish you invested in cryptocurrency

Status
Archived

evo

Site Admin
Why Bitcoin Is Better Than Any Other Commodity

Why would someone looking for an alternative to government-issued currency not buy gold instead?

There are a few reasons. First, gold isn't very fungible -- that is, it isn't easy to use as a replacement for cash in order to buy goods or services. Secondly, it isn't very portable. Gold is heavy, even in small amounts.

But there are issues with safety and anonymity too. Gold is only truly secure when it's locked away, preventing the owner from easily using it. On the other hand, you could easily carry millions of Bitcoin on a thumb drive with nobody the wiser.

But that doesn't mean Bitcoin is intangible. In many ways, Bitcoin is just as tangible as gold. The cryptocurrency was created from unchangeable mathematical rules. And backing that math up is "triple entry" bookkeeping that retains debits and credits while adding simultaneous verifications for each transaction recorded by the blockchain.

This makes Bitcoin safer and easier to use than gold.

But Cryptocurrencies Are Still Speculative

While millions of profits will be generated on cryptocurrencies, investors must treat them as speculative investments. It's important to remember that a little bit of money goes a long way here.

While I don't agree with analysts who believe Bitcoin is going to $250,000 or the incredulous $500,000 by 2025, the odds of Bitcoin going to, say, $15,000 are very real. That makes it well worth taking on some risk in a speculative environment.

After all, if you have any hope of spending you leisure time doing things not yet invented, you're going to need some money on a thumb drive.

Source: Nasdaq

From
USA
Even if we assume that crypto currency is the wave of the future, how do we know that btc, eth, and xrp are not just the cryptoforms of MySpace? I'm sure in 2003 Friendster investors thought they had bottled lightening with this whole social media thing.

evo

Site Admin
Even if we assume that crypto currency is the wave of the future, how do we know that btc, eth, and xrp are not just the cryptoforms of MySpace? I'm sure in 2003 Friendster investors thought they had bottled lightening with this whole social media thing.
In the early days of social media, it was a zero sum game. Friendster was the big social network, and Hi5 came along and everyone migrated overnight. And then MySpace came along, and everyone moved over. And then Facebook came along, and the rest is history...

In the present day of social media, while there hasn't been any true competitor to Facebook, it's no longer a zero sum game for social media. Twitter, Instagram, and SnapChat are all very relevant. And each social network has it's own use case, and they all coexist with one another.

Cryptocurrency is not a zero sum game. I cannot stress that enough. Each blockchain technology and digital currency will have it's own use case. The question will be which one will be dominant. Historically, it's been Bitcoin, and I believe Ethereum will become the largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization within 2-3 years.

Each cryptocurrency has its strengths and weaknesses, and each one will find its use case.

From
toronto
facebook will be on its way out in the upcoming years, the blockchain will change that,

imagine.. a decentralized facebook, where you can upload ANYTHING and facebook is not there to be the judge you of what you can or cannot upload, that is HUGE!

facebook has tons of censorship, not only that, people arent making any money,

people are working on a decentralized facebook, its going to be huge, no censorship, its sounds crazy but censorship will never win

we are getting more and more virtual, it just makes sense to use virtual money, gold is on it's way out

as much as people want to believe it wont, it will.. the reason gold has been using for thousands of years is because the internet wasn't invented,

the internet is changing the world, the internet is unstoppable

who cares if gold is real, if we lived in a small city gold would be great, but the earth is too huge, we cant transport gold in matter of seconds

i dont know which cryptocurrency will be the king, the number 1,

it could be bitcoin but i can't say that for sure

one thing is for sure, people are getting a taste of money that is not controlled by governments and there is no going back

we are heading into a time where money is no longer attached by state

From
Jurong,Singapore
I'm just scared people will rely on it more and more (which is good) but then they'll (banks,central banks) use the lack of actual securities to leave us with nothing. do i have a good reason to be worried of this matter?

From
Sweden
I'm just scared people will rely on it more and more (which is good) but then they'll (banks,central banks) use the lack of actual securities to leave us with nothing. do i have a good reason to be worried of this matter?

I don;t think that will happen. most people are still very unfamiliar with it, as well as i think banks are very interested in turning us to a 'cash-free society'

From
Sweden
One thing about Crypto - the new Kid (XRP) is that it is in fact built for the FIAT-banks from the very beginning.
Which Bitcoin is not. Bitcoin was a Revolution. XRP is the Evolution.

Your conclusion on that, is as good as mine.

Cheers
Zenkert

From
toronto
I'm starting to over hear more and more people talking about cyrpto everywhere,

i can't believe i've made so much money, more than i could ever imagine

the problem is i'm not a spender,

i've moved over 90% of my money from the stocks and invested in different cryptos

and it hasn't even hit mainstream, more money coming our way!

time to take out more loans from the bank, ive got excellent credit and they always harass me to loan money

From
Sweden
Impossible to read, davisCrypto037.

I tried. But failed.

Ever hear of Line Breaks?
And empty rows to help readers read.

Or maybe U are just another bot or whatever . . .
. . . by the way Nigeria get´s one to think
about a lot of things concerning fake mails
and Internet scams and so forth!!!

Zenkert

From
United states
From
Poland
It's totally true! I always say it to my brother. I mine ethereum with polish investing platform, but if I wouldn't know them, I would have buy some. Everyone who doesn't mine or buy rihght now will regret that in year or two.

From
Sweden
So it´s all about trust, isn´t it.
You know them and therefore you mine Etherum on that Investing Platform.

Are You absolutely shure you know them and Trust them?
On the Polish Investing Platform.
So they don´t Scam You and your Brother?

Zenkert

Transit umbra, lux permanet.

Last edited:
From
US
Hi there, good to be here…
I am a rookie in this market, and right now I found something, and I am in info collect mode.
I found this on Medium.com an article signed by Olga Romanov, about why ETH go over 400, and I do not know what to think…
Whats your opinion on this? All the ideas will be very high appreciated
https://goo.gl/Lp1fKk

Status
Archived