Is buying Bitcoin and Ethereum at today's prices still worth it in the long run? Analysts say yes.

Status
Archived

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
"If the value of a Bitcoin on May 28, 2042 is $100,000 or so, then this means that right now, the virtual currency is a fantastic long-term purchase. Simply put, Bitcoin at this value represents non-cumulative returns on average of 196% a year for the next 25 years."

http://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/05/28/bitcoin-ethereum-headed-100000-thats-good-news-today/

I'm sure most of us have said at one point or another, "I could have bought (x) crypto at (x) price, and now look where it's at." Despite what we could have gotten in at, looking at the long term potential for the major coins, there are still many multiples of profit to be made. For people entering the market today (especially those who don't have a ton of money to invest), some sound advice might be something like 'buy 1-2 Bitcoin and 10-50 Ethereum and forget about them for 10 years.' If future projections are correct, a $10,000 investment today could end up making one a millionaire in 10-25 years. Not a bad little retirement package, especially considering the average stock market based retirement portfolio may at best earn you a measly 20-40% return over a 20-40 period.

From
toronto
i'm already a millionaire!! haha i wish!!

i could've bought ETH at 14 bucks, i do think it will continue to go up as the economy gets worse, and people pull more out from the stocks,

i was thinking of buying 1 eth for long term, its 244usd

i already have a bunch of alt coins, and a couple bitcoins,

i do wish i had ETH, should i purchase 1? the problem is, i don't want to store it on coinbase, if there was an offline wallet, i would've bought one long ago

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
i'm already a millionaire!! haha i wish!!

i could've bought ETH at 14 bucks, i do think it will continue to go up as the economy gets worse, and people pull more out from the stocks,

i was thinking of buying 1 eth for long term, its 244usd

i already have a bunch of alt coins, and a couple bitcoins,

i do wish i had ETH, should i purchase 1? the problem is, i don't want to store it on coinbase, if there was an offline wallet, i would've bought one long ago
I think Coinbase is safe enough for now. Especially since it's not a traditional exchange. And as for ETH, a lot of people are predicting that it can be on par with Bitcoin within the next couple of years. Fred Wilson predicted on Bloomberg that ETH's market cap would surpass BTC by the end of this year. If that happens the sky is the limit. Only a few months ago many of us were able to buy BTC for under $700, now it's $2500. Others before that remember saying they could have bought BTC at $200. Although ETH seems expensive now, and will still experience sizeable market swings in the future, it's long term potential is huge. Just don't be the person who says, in 2 years, "I could have bought ETH at $244."

Status
Archived