Issues linking checking account at Coinbase.com

From
Somewhere
Hello, I've spent the last 3 weeks educating myself on crypto and I'm now at a point where I want to do a little investing. The problem is I'm running into issues with Coinbase. When I go to link an account, it initially throws this Plaid interface up on the screen and wants me to enter my bank account info (yeah, right, I'm giving someone I don't know my login credentials to my checking account). I find that if I pretend I'm going to do this, but then enter some gibberish for my bank name, I then see a link that allows me to add my account manually.

The problem is when I do this, it tells me it can't link this account and that I have to use Plaid (which I definitely will not do). If I try the Coinbase Pro mobile app, I keep going in circles. After I click the link to add manually, it takes me right back to the window where Plaid asks for my bank login credentials.

I've contacted Coinbase a few days ago but haven't heard back yet. I know it's a legit exchange and they have over 56 million users, but I can't believe 56 million people allowed Plaid to capture their login info. Has anyone ran into this and if so, is there a quick fix? I really want to use Coinbase over Kraken as they have a better user interface and also provide FDIC. Any help/suggestions is appreciated. It's really disappointing (and surprising) that a multi-billion dollar company doesn't have live chat and can't get a simple thing like manually linking a checking account working.

Thanks!

Cryptocurrency Discussions Cryptocurrency Forum
Bitcoin is currently experiencing major scalability issues Cryptocurrency