Jamie Dimon Slams Bitcoin as a ‘Fraud’

Status
Archived
From
Kirkland, WA
The price sure took a dip after this. Looks like it could be a good time to buy more. LOL

JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon said he would fire any employee trading bitcoin for being “stupid.”

The cryptocurrency “won’t end well,” he told an investor conference in New York on Tuesday, predicting it will eventually blow up. “It’s a fraud” and “worse than tulip bulbs.”

400x-1.jpg

If a JPMorgan trader began trading in bitcoin, he said, “I’d fire them in a second. For two reasons: It’s against our rules, and they’re stupid. And both are dangerous.”

Bitcoin has soared in recent months, spurred by greater acceptance of the blockchain technology that underpins the exchange method and optimism that faster transaction times will encourage broader use of the cryptocurrency. Prices have climbed more than four-fold this year -- a run that has drawn debate over whether that’s a bubble.​

Full article

From
Kirkland WA
This guy is such a fraud. I am thinking that his ridiculous statements might have caused some of the market loyalists to jump ship.

From
Kirkland, WA
Well, you know what they said about that whole "internet" thing. I mean, there's no way people are going to want their news via the computer more than a newspaper... LOL

Status
Archived