Lost my word phrase.

Status
Archived
From
us
I was on my computer getting Coinbase Wallet and they sent my word phrase in text on my cell phone.
I had so much stuff on my cell that I deleted it I think. I thought it would be in email on my computer.
So now I can't get in to my coinbase Wallet. I don't have any answers from Coinbase. Is there anything I can do about this?
Jacobi

From
us
Thanks for the input. Do you have any idea the steps I would need to give this a try? THis problem did take some fun away from this investing. But I have learned alot about it. There is alot of stuff to learn. Jacobi

evo

Site Admin
You do not have custody of your coins when you use the Coinbase website. The custodian is Coinbase, for good and bad.

However, the Coinbase Wallet is self custody, meaning you are the only person who has access and you must safeguard and protect your wallet and sensitive data.

Unfortunately, Coinbase cannot do anything to provide support for lost recovery phrases.

Do you have a phone backup of your photos or data that you can access?

If an iPhone, check to see if you have an old backup, and restore your phone to that backup, and see if you can access the app.

Otherwise, sad to say, you may have lost the wallet, to include any coins/tokens stored in the wallet.

Status
Archived