Lydian Token

Cryptocurrency Forum - Sep 5th 2017

1. Penguin1

Penguin1

Kirkland, WA
    A utility-token that allows cryptocurrency-enabled purchasing of targeted, A.I. driven digital marketing and advertising services operated and under development by the Gravity4 Corporate Family.

Clicky linky.

Here's the whitepaper...

So, with a celebrity endorsing it, does that give a higher likelihood of initial success?

2. Penguin1

Penguin1

Kirkland, WA
    Looks like their ICO is planned for October 20th and they're doing a pre-ICO offer: https://lydian.io/pre-ico

What's your experience with ICOs? I've never gotten in on one. And they've pre-valued their coins for the above discount.

ICOs are those things I always wait for, "just to see what happens" before I invest -- only to see them explode and me regretting I didn't invest... LOL

3. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Celebrity endorsement hasn't helped Centra thus far.

4. Penguin1

Penguin1

Kirkland, WA
    Good example.

I'm less interested in the celebrity endorsement as I am the white paper at this point.

V4Vendetta likes this.
  5. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Same here.

6. Penguin1

Penguin1

Kirkland, WA
    Absolutely. That's the purpose of this thread. ;)

7. Penguin1

Penguin1

Kirkland, WA
    Well, at the end of the day, we've decided to skip this ICO. The Reader's Digest version of the reasoning, you ask?
    • LydianCoin is by a company called Gravity4, whose chairman and chief executive Gurbaksh Chahal, is in murky PR waters due to battery charges of domestic violence. (He returned as CEO of Gravity4 in September last year after he was forced to relinquish control when his probation was revoked in the domestic violence case where he beat a second woman.)
    • LydianCoin claims to be “the world’s first A.I. big data marketing cloud” and is raising $100m through the sale of Lydian “tokens” whose usability is still unknown. Their information basically states you're buying advertising, so how does the value of coins increase? It pretty much puts this ICO in the category of Vapourware.
    • The idea seems that people will pay for Lydian tokens and use them to buy advertising campaigns from LydianCoin, which in turn licences its technology, products and services from Gravity4. The money won’t be used for anything. It will just sit there, covering the enormous balance sheet liability this ICO will create for LydianCoin, which raises question over the development road map for Lydian tokens.
    • They want to enhance the value of the Lydian tokens to consumers who want to focus their advertising and marketing messaging to those within the cryptocurrency space (and others who may be target consumers for crypto-industry services and products), but the key advertising platforms that Gravity4 will focus on are mainstream publications like Forbes. They'll ignore key Crypto publications like CoinDesk, CoinTelegraph, etc. So, not really sure how their platform will help businesses reach Cryptocurrency community.
    • LydianCoin may have to be wound down altogether if it’s unable to “establish the Lydian tokens’ utility”, which is inconsistent seeing as the whole point of the tokens is to purchase services that already exist.
    • Their team page page is empty even when various shows and events are being conducted world wide to promote the ICO.
    • It seems despite Lydian trying to be the leading Ad platform for the Crypto currency community it does not have any direct community engagement model like Reddit or Slack.
    • The white paper seems devoid of any serious value proposition.
    • And finally the low point comes from the below tweet by Dogecoin founder Jackson Palmer where he says, “I blocked him (Chahal) after he weirdly threatened my job. Here’s hoping he doesn’t pull the wool over the rest of the crypto spaces eyes.” This tweet was in response to some of the earlier tweets that Jackson had posted on LydianCoin...

8. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Well, that's too bad. Oh well, it's a gamble with the ICO market.

9. Penguin1

Penguin1

Kirkland, WA
    Yeah, I really wanted to like this. And if it wasn't a utility token, I'd very likely still be interested. But buying advertising in the form of a token? I don't see how the value could increase -- and according to their own whitepaper, it wouldn't.

I guess the most we could hope to gain would be the 25% we'd realize on the reduced price of the tokens. But even that would require someone else buying our bucket of advertising tokens at full value. Why would they do that? So maybe 10%-20% as a return would be more likely.

10. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Yeah, I'm looking at a few ICO's now. Some I like initially, but then as I do more research something will turn me off. I may buy into Flixxo (http://www.flixxo.com/#/token-sale); looks kind of interesting. Not sure how well they'll do but even a 2x increase is better than nothing.

11. Penguin1

Penguin1

Kirkland, WA
    It's that pesky research that gets us. LOL

V4Vendetta likes this.
  12. boilretort

boilretort

USA
    So, first was Mayweather who tweeted about LydianCoin and now Paris Hilton... Odd. Checking out the promo video of this coin, it's basically just Gurbaksh Chahal saying how cool he is without mentioning anything about the token, LOL