new in town

Status
Archived
From
home
Hi all, I am a Software Engineering student and (yet...) another crypto rush hopeful, very keen to learn how it all works. :)
I read interesting things on this forum so I though I would join, and I also look forward to sharing any insight gained if I can!

evo

Site Admin
Hello and welcome to the Cryptorum family!

You're still in very early when it comes to getting into cryptocurrency.

Let us know if you have any questions about where to start? Or what coins you're looking into?

Cheers!

From
home
Hello and welcome to the Cryptorum family!

Let us know if you have any questions about where to start? Or what coins you're looking into?

Cheers!

For the time being, I am mostly interested in XRP, and secondly LTC. I have ordered a Ledger Nano S and opened accounts with the main exchanges (Coinbase, Gatehub, Bitstamp, Poloniex) with various degrees of ease, some are still pending verification. I have wired money into my Coinbase account and it should be there soon for my first investment - BTC (towards XRP) or Litcoin depending on the market.
I'm particularly anxious to get XRP asap. However I'm not very keen to leave it sitting in an exchange until my Hardware wallet arrives, but I dont want to spend 25 XRP to activate a temporary Rippex wallet either.

Does anyone have advice or recommendations? Any experienced trader insight is valuable to me at that stage.

evo

Site Admin
I'm particularly anxious to get XRP asap. However I'm not very keen to leave it sitting in an exchange until my Hardware wallet arrives, but I dont want to spend 25 XRP to activate a temporary Rippex wallet either.
If you plan on moving everything over to your hardware wallet, I would recommend skipping the Rippex part.
  1. Buy your BTC from Coinbase
  2. Send your BTC from Coinbase to Poloniex
  3. Buy your Ripple using the BTC/XRP trading pair on Poloniex.
  4. Send your XRP from Poloniex to your Ledger Nano S hardware wallet.
Rippex is a self hosted wallet. You do not need this because of your plan to use your hardware wallet. And you won't need Gatehub because it's a hosted wallet.

Status
Archived