Question About Registering With Rippex

Status
Archived
From
California
I'm going to start by acknowledging in advance that this likely going to be viewed as a stupid question. But I'm extremely new to all of this, not tech savvy and I'm officially passed the point of being embarrassed.

When I try to set up an account with Rippex and get to the part of the registration process where you "Identify Yourself" (name, address, gender, etc.), there is a requirement to fill in an "ID." (this is after you've created a user name, password and had your email verified). I cannot figure out what information that is supposed to be. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. I very much want to move forward with this process. Thanks.

From
California
I'm going to start by acknowledging in advance that this likely going to be viewed as a stupid question. But I'm extremely new to all of this, not tech savvy and I'm officially passed the point of being embarrassed.

When I try to set up an account with Rippex and get to the part of the registration process where you "Identify Yourself" (name, address, gender, etc.), there is a requirement to fill in an "ID." (this is after you've created a user name, password and had your email verified). I cannot figure out what information that is supposed to be. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. I very much want to move forward with this process. Thanks.

And, by the way, I tried contacting "Support" days ago but have not yet received a response.

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
And, by the way, I tried contacting "Support" days ago but have not yet received a response.
Do you have a screenshot? And honestly I would just download the desktop wallet; much easier and no verification needed.

From
California
Do you have a screenshot? And honestly I would just download the desktop wallet; much easier and no verification needed.

Thank you very much responding. I really do appreciate it. The bottom line is that I'm try to buy some XRP and I'm completely lost. In case it isn't painfully obvious, I'm a complete amateur.

I don't have a screen shot at the moment. Would you happen to have the link to the site where I can download the desktop wallet?

Once the desktop wallet is downloaded, can I use it to buy XRP or is there an entirely different process to actually purchasing XRP? Based upon some reading I've done, I should set up an account with Bitstamp, then buy XRP through Bitsamp and then "save" it on a desktop wallet. Other things I read had me believing that setting up an account with Rippex was the first necessary step and XRP could be purchased through a Rippex account. I guess my questions are really:

1. On what site/exchange does one buy XRP (is Bitstamp a sufficiently reliable exchange/site)?;
2. Is a desktop wallet merely for the purpose of "storing" XRP after having purchased XRP through an exchange/site like Bitstamp? And should downloading desktop wallet be the first step?;
3. What purpose does a Rippex account actually serve?

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Thank you very much responding. I really do appreciate it. The bottom line is that I'm try to buy some XRP and I'm completely lost. In case it isn't painfully obvious, I'm a complete amateur.

I don't have a screen shot at the moment. Would you happen to have the link to the site where I can download the desktop wallet?

Once the desktop wallet is downloaded, can I use it to buy XRP or is there an entirely different process to actually purchasing XRP? Based upon some reading I've done, I should set up an account with Bitstamp, then buy XRP through Bitsamp and then "save" it on a desktop wallet. Other things I read had me believing that setting up an account with Rippex was the first necessary step and XRP could be purchased through a Rippex account. I guess my questions are really:

1. On what site/exchange does one buy XRP (is Bitstamp a sufficiently reliable exchange/site)?;
2. Is a desktop wallet merely for the purpose of "storing" XRP after having purchased XRP through an exchange/site like Bitstamp? And should downloading desktop wallet be the first step?;
3. What purpose does a Rippex account actually serve?
We have a guide here on the forum. Here’s the link https://cryptorum.com/threads/rippex-guide-for-storing-ripple-xrp.89/
Rippex is merely a desktop wallet. There is some functionality for buying but generally for Brazilian residents. If you want to buy XRP you should first buy a coin that pairs with it. BTC is the most common. Then sign up for an exchange that support XRP and exchange your BTC for XRP there. Then you can move it to a more secure wallet solution, like Rippex.

1: Again, any exchange that supports Ripple you can exchange for it there (eg BitStamp, Kraken, Poloniex, Bittrex, HitBTC, etc). Always check CoinMarketCap to see what markets offer the coin you’re looking for and what it pairs with. Do this by clicking the coin you’re interested in, then click on the Markets tab below the chart to see this information.
2. Yes, desktop wallets, hardware wallets, etc. are generally used for long term, safe storage. And you can download one anytime. But to transfer coins to it you need to first have it downloaded and set up.
3. You don’t need a Rippex online account. Just the desktop wallet is fine.

From
California
We have a guide here on the forum. Here’s the link https://cryptorum.com/threads/rippex-guide-for-storing-ripple-xrp.89/
Rippex is merely a desktop wallet. There is some functionality for buying but generally for Brazilian residents. If you want to buy XRP you should first buy a coin that pairs with it. BTC is the most common. Then sign up for an exchange that support XRP and exchange your BTC for XRP there. Then you can move it to a more secure wallet solution, like Rippex.

1: Again, any exchange that supports Ripple you can exchange for it there (eg BitStamp, Kraken, Poloniex, Bittrex, HitBTC, etc). Always check CoinMarketCap to see what markets offer the coin you’re looking for and what it pairs with. Do this by clicking the coin you’re interested in, then click on the Markets tab below the chart to see this information.
2. Yes, desktop wallets, hardware wallets, etc. are generally used for long term, safe storage. And you can download one anytime. But to transfer coins to it you need to first have it downloaded and set up.
3. You don’t need a Rippex online account. Just the desktop wallet is fine.

Thanks, I'm looking at CoinMarketCap as suggested.

Why do you recommend first buying a coin that pairs with XRP and then exchanging it for XRP instead of purchasing XRP "directly"?

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Thanks, I'm looking at CoinMarketCap as suggested.

Why do you recommend first buying a coin that pairs with XRP and then exchanging it for XRP instead of purchasing XRP "directly"?
Because very few exchanges sell XRP for fiat currency. But if you can find one then you can buy it directly. But it’s harder than it looks.

From
California
Because very few exchanges sell XRP for fiat currency. But if you can find one then you can buy it directly. But it’s harder than it looks.

My lord, I was delusional thinking this was about a few steps on a website and a wire transfer. Again, thanks very much. I began the set up for a Bitstamp account (which by itself takes some doing). I've got some homework to do while finishing that process and getting it "verified."

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
My lord, I was delusional thinking this was about a few steps on a website and a wire transfer. Again, thanks very much. I began the set up for a Bitstamp account (which by itself takes some doing). I've got some homework to do while finishing that process and getting it "verified."
Absolutely, none of this is easy.

From
Michigan, USA
Absolutely, none of this is easy.
I too am very new, I've gotten on coinbase, and Binance, but am using Eth instead of btc. I've invested small amounts of money into about 5/6 different eth paired coins. Now am confused about wallets as I have no desk top computer. I don't hold much in any currency. Help with storage solutions for small amounts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
I too am very new, I've gotten on coinbase, and Binance, but am using Eth instead of btc. I've invested small amounts of money into about 5/6 different eth paired coins. Now am confused about wallets as I have no desk top computer. I don't hold much in any currency. Help with storage solutions for small amounts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
The best place to store ERC-20 tokens is MyEtherWallet. But you will need to set it up on a desktop computer or laptop.

Status
Archived