Rippex Guide for storing Ripple (XRP)

Knowledgebase Forum - May 16th 2017

1. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    As I have no idea what you specifically did, I would suggest redownloading it, name it something unique (rather than "wallet") and see if that works.

2. scraggy81

scraggy81

Lismore, NSW, Australia
    Hi guys,

Newbie here in need of some help.

Im trying to send some XRP to Rippex wallet to activate but its being cancelled and not going thru.

I'm sure the rippex wallet address is correct so not sure what else it could be.

Any helpwould be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Adam.

3. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    What platform are you sending it from? And where is it being cancelled from?

4. scraggy81

scraggy81

Lismore, NSW, Australia
    Got it all sorted out now. Thanks for your help.

V4Vendetta likes this.
  5. moonswamp

moonswamp

China
    Why can't change the install path??? I have changed the path to G:, but it still been installed in C: tried several times but the same problem ~~~

Windows64

6. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
  7. tanushree

tanushree

India
    Questions
    Really helpful, Thanks, can you please share how do I transfer my ripple from rippex desktop wallet to my bank account and cash it

8. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Well, since banks don't deal in crypto you'd have to transfer the Ripple from Rippex back to an exchange that would enable you to either convert back to USD or whatever other currency you use, or you may have to convert it to Bitcoin first then sell it back to fiat using an exchange that supports selling back to fiat. An example would be sending the Ripple from Rippex to your Ripple wallet in Poloniex or Bittrex, etc., exchanging the Ripple to Bitcoin on that exchange, then sending your Bitcoin to an exchange like Coinbase and selling it back to fiat. Using a wallet like Rippex is more for cold storage, meaning you want to leave it there for a long time and not touch it until it's surged in price enough to where you feel you're ready to sell it. If you're looking to trade Ripple in the short term I would suggest finding a relatively reliable/safe exchange and just leaving it there until you're ready to exchange it. Everytime you move any crypto from one wallet to another (excluding IOTA) there is a fee. It's not always a lot but fees add up if you move your coins around a lot, so it's best to minimize your transfers.

9. tanushree

tanushree

India
    Hi, what if my laptop "crashes" and I lose my laptop and also rippex desktop wallet with it? How can I retrieve my rippex desktop wallet on other computer?

10. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    The administrator, Evo, mentioned this in Step 1. As long as you have all your passwords and keys (especially the Secret Key) you can access it from any new device. Very important to save and store all of this information when you first set up the wallet.

11. tanushree

tanushree

India
    Thanks. what is the relevance of "wallet" file. Not able to open this file as it is asking for a type of programme in which I need to pen this, like internet explorer, work, note pad, etc., What if I do not use this wallet file and only access the rippex destop wallet directly

12. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Essentially it just stores your passphrase and Secret Key for easy login access. But as long as you don't lose your passphrase and secret key you can reinstall a Rippex wallet on a different device and use the same information to view your balance. You don't need to try to open that file. It's just there to aid in accessing your when you log in using the desktop wallet icon.

13. zenkert

zenkert

Sweden
    WOW!
    This tutorial is Great.
    Saved me tons of Worries.

Thank you so much Evo :)

Now I have the confidence to dig deeper and invest som more in XRP.
    btw I trade at bitstamp.

Allt the Best Evo!
    Cheers!

Zenkert

14. yen

yen

Singapore
    Hi,

I'm from Singapore and we have limited access to Ripple coins(I think). I just registered Rippex recently and wanted to purchase Ripple coins using bitcoins(Coinbase). However, i am wondering how do I sell my Ripple coins and have it send back to my bitcoins wallet in future?

Kindly advise.

15. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Coinbase does not support Ripple. To buy Ripple you would have to send Bitcoin to an exchange that sells Ripple, like Kraken, Bittrex, Poloniex, etc. and buy Ripple with your Bitcoin there, then send that Ripple to wherever you want to store it. If you want to sell Ripple just send it back to an exchange that supports it, sell it for Bitcoin, then transfer the Bitcoin back to an exchage, like Coinbase, where you can sell the Bitcoin back to fiat.