Rippex Guide for storing Ripple (XRP)

Knowledgebase Forum - May 16th 2017

1. Poe

Poe

Milan
    Hey Evo, great article and very instructive for newbies as usual... I have a question for you here, I recently bought some ripples on Bitstamp and i was planning to send them to my Rippex wallet, my question here is: Can i also use my rippex wallet even if i log in from another computer? Am i gonna still able to see my XRP balance and send them to other platforms in case i want to sell some?

Thanks in advanced.

2. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    You should just be able to download the Rippex wallet on a different computer, then instead of creating a new wallet just click on Read Only Mode, type in your Ripple address from the previous wallet you created and view your balance from there. If you want to send Ripple out of Rippex just copy your Rippex wallet address, go to whatever exchange you want to send it to, find the XRP wallet on that exchange and deposit the Ripple there. Rippex is primarily for cold storage, so if you're more interested in trading XRP in the short term you may not want to leave it all in Rippex; instead just the amount you want to keep for long term storage.

Poe likes this.
  3. Poe

Poe

Milan
    Yo V, much appreciated your answer... My plan is let them sleep for a couple of years, altho i think xrp will have a boost soon, the company is working along many big sharks and institutions to implement the technology and help people, so i can see the price going up real soon... at least i hope so :)

V4Vendetta likes this.
  4. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    I think we should see a price increase following the "lock up" at the end of this year. Also, over time XRP should become more valuable because of its deflationary nature (meaning with every transaction a small amount of XRP is destroyed). Supply and demand.

Poe likes this.
  5. RebelRe

RebelRe

Italy
    Hi evo,
    thanks for your guide, very helpful.
    I'm a newbie in this world; bought some ripple and storend in my desktop wallet ( on windows sistem ).
    I ask to you how can I create a copy of my wallet? ( You know, in case of breakage of the hdd, pc, or other ).
    Thanks, can you help me?

6. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    What's great about Rippex is that once you have your Secret Key, Passphrase (aka password), and Wallet Address in your possession (preferably printed out and stored in a safe place or a few safe places), you don't actually need to worry about what happens to your computer. You can delete the application from your computer and it won't change your wallet. If something goes wrong with your computer or you want to change to a new computer simply re-download the Rippex wallet application and follow the instructions here (https://rippex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200294024-Ripple-Wallet) under "Migrating and existing account to the desktop wallet."

zenkert likes this.
  7. RebelRe

RebelRe

Italy
    Thank you sooo much mate; very appreciated :))))))

V4Vendetta likes this.
  8. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    No problem. Happy investing!

9. zenkert

zenkert

Sweden
    I have commented here before, as it a very Good Read, Evo :love:

I have a suggestion, Evo.
    Why not make a PDF-file to download?
    With some addings that are of Value in this Thread.
    Because there are some, that are indeed valuable.

Cheers

evo likes this.
  10. brownbag

brownbag

Geelong
    Hi Evo,
    I've set up a cold wallet on Rippex and want to send it to my Ledger device. How do I send from a cold wallet. I know with electrum (for bitcoin), I had to create a transaction in an online read-only wallet, transfer a file to my cold wallet to sign it, then transfer a signed file back to the online reading wallet and broadcast it. What's the equivalent process for Rippex?
    Thanks.