Rippex Guide for storing Ripple (XRP)

Knowledgebase Forum - May 16th 2017

1. hadoob024

hadoob024

atlanta
    Cool. Reading through that link now. Thanks!

Yeah, from the get-go, I had set up that Rippex account as a temporary wallet until my Ledger Nano S arrived. Had I known about this, I probably would've left the XRP in Bitstamp.

I transferred everything out minus the 26 (and change) XRP that's left. I also did this on a temporary laptop, so I guess I need to backup the wallet file, install Rippex on my other personal laptop, and then reinitialize using my secret key, right?

Yeah, I'm personally have been approaching this with your suggestion #1.

Thanks again though!

2. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    "I also did this on a temporary laptop, so I guess I need to backup the wallet file, install Rippex on my other personal laptop, and then reinitialize using my secret key, right?"
    Thanks again though![/QUOTE]
    Yeah with Rippex, or most desktop wallets, you're essentially just accessing the blockchain to view your balance, so it's not like your balance will be lost or destroyed if your computer gets wiped, all you would do is restore the wallet through migration which you can reference here.

hadoob024 likes this.
  3. hadoob024

hadoob024

atlanta
    Yeah with Rippex, or most desktop wallets, you're essentially just accessing the blockchain to view your balance, so it's not like your balance will be lost or destroyed if your computer gets wiped, all you would do is restore the wallet through migration which you can reference here.[/QUOTE]

Cheers! I'll give that a go too.

On a side note, anyone ever dealt with Rippex support? I logged a ticket over a week ago, but haven't heard anything from them.

4. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Cheers! I'll give that a go too.

On a side note, anyone ever dealt with Rippex support? I logged a ticket over a week ago, but haven't heard anything from them.[/QUOTE]
    Haven't dealt with their support yet. But like most crypto entities, support is lacking due to far too many users vs far too few employees. I would usually try to contact the team, of any wallet or exchange, via either twitter, telegram, reddit, direct forum, or a slack channel depending on which one(s) they have.

5. AngryKai

AngryKai

Prague
    Hi everyone.

Yesterday I wanted to change Ethereum to Ripple through Changelly and send it to my Rippex wallet. But it got stuck on Sending to my wallet task and did not arrived. In any case I have sent an e-mail to support but it will take some time until they reply. Do you know how can I solve this? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

6. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    I haven’t heard good things about Changelly. But as long as you have Hash ID’s you can track it on the blockchain.

7. Lackas430

Lackas430

USA
    I had this same problem! There’s a bug that corrupts the file when you save it to the default location. I don’t know why this hasn’t been fixed, however there is a way to access you XRP. If you have your security code, you are able to create a new account. Simply click “create new account” and then select “create new account with security key.” That should solve your problem. Now save you wallet somewhere else than the default location!

8. Niels van Dyck

Niels van Dyck

Belgium
    Hey, i have a problem with my desktop wallet. I can't send ripples to an other ripple acc. The wallet say: This regular-key wallet is invalid. You may browse this account but cannot execute transactions. Someone can help me?

Attached Files:

9. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Were you able to sign in to your Rippex wallet? Here’s a link that discusses Regular Keys. Check your settings to see if there is an issue with this. https://rippex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/209782923-Using-Regular-Keys-Security?mobile_site=true

Last edited: Dec 14th 2017 at 5:35 PM
  10. Niels van Dyck

Niels van Dyck

Belgium
    I can sign in to my ripple wallet, and my settings are ok. So what know?

11. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Read through the link I posted, it talks about Regular Keys.

12. Niels van Dyck

Niels van Dyck

Belgium
    It works, i changed the regular key. Thanks

V4Vendetta likes this.