Rippex Guide for storing Ripple (XRP)

Knowledgebase Forum - May 16th 2017

1. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    If the wallet hasn’t been funded with the Base Reserve then technically it probably won’t recognize it. To ensure it recognizes it make sure to send at least 20XRP to the newly established wallet. Some XRP wallets also require a Gateway Reserve, or User Reserve of 5XRP before they are usable. So in general I would sent between 25-30XRP whenever setting up a new Ripple wallet.

2. Fopdog

Fopdog

Earth
    Hi,
    This thread has been so helpful for setting up a Rippex wallet. Thank you!

I have a quick question though... what's the difference of the Rippex Desktop Wallet software versus signing up and going through the tedious validation process on the Rippex website? I originally thought they were similar things, but now it seems that they are completely different and separate processes. Am I right? If so, what is the benefit of signing up and validating on the Rippex website?

I just have some XRP that I want to store securely so wanted a desktop wallet rather than leaving it on an exchange.

3. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Signing up for an account online is kind of like signing up for an exchange like Coinbase, except I believe it’s primarily for Brazilian citizens because they use the Brazilian Real (Brazil’s fiat) which likely you don’t have, nor do you have a Brazilian bank account I’m assuming. The Desktop wallet is for anyone to use and store their XRP on and requires no verification process.

4. Fopdog

Fopdog

Earth
    Perfect! Really appreciate the quick response! Thanks!

V4Vendetta likes this.
  5. TommyLedwidge

TommyLedwidge

England
    Hi, I’m new to this and the price of ripple has gone up a substantial amount from when this was posted. I’m looking to set up a ripped wallet but do I still need to pay 20 XRP which is the equivalent to £40+ now and if I did would I still have this amount of XRP to trade?

6. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    All Ripple wallets require a 20XRP Base Reserve. I believe most XRP wallets on exchanges cover this reserve for users (verify with whatever exchange you are using), but if you want to store XRP in a more secure wallet where you control your own private keys, it will require that Base Reserve that will then be unusable, and unretrievable even if you close the wallet account.

7. alex99999

alex99999

moscow
    I need help. I downloaded your instructions the purse translated into it 20 XRP and after closing no more can enter

8. lorenzmaciej7

lorenzmaciej7

Poland
    Hello

For some time I've been a cryptocurrency fan and I decided to buy Rippe because I think it's the most interesting project.

I bought from Litebit xrp from the stock exchange and created a Toast wallet on my cellphone, transferring xrp to the created Rippex wallet

I did not see the funds on Rippex, so I logged out. Now I know that might have been due I have not set the online mode in the settings options.

Then I tried to log in to Rippex, using my wallet.txt and passphrase (which I certainly know is correct) but it fails.

Then I tried to use the secret key (which I took a picture with a cell phone and I'm not sure about one letter because it is poor quality), but it does not enter.

Then I read Rippex this is an wrong application. It works once, once it does not.

So I created another fictional account and tried to retrieve it using a secret key and I also do not succeed.

I tried gatehub but secret key does not work.

I see that the funds at online ripple public service on my ripple account.

I have my wallet id given above and passphrase.

I read on ripple official forum that "Anyone with the wallet name and pass phrase to discover your secret key". So I have wallet.txt and passphrase and what now?

Please help me!

Last edited: Jan 5th 2018
  9. digitaldendrite

digitaldendrite

NYC
    Hi. Newbie here too. I follow most of what you said, and have set up accounts with Rippex and with Kraken.com. My question is about going "online" with Rippex. it appears--and I could be wrong--that going online carries a fee? Is that accurate?

Thanks.

10. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Online just means you can send XRP out of the wallet. Any transaction you makes from anywhere will charge a fee.

11. digitaldendrite

digitaldendrite

NYC
    OK, so there's no fee to just BE online, but only if you make transactions---just clarifying. Thanks.

12. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Correct

13. Bsully

Bsully

Phoenix
    Hello, I set up a new Rippex wallet and withdrew 50 XRP from Bitsane into my Rippex wallet address. The XRP has been withdrawn from my Bitsane account but now my Rippex wallet on my desktop is stuck in "Loading..." screen. I am online. This is the second wallet I have set up as the first one I could not sign back into as it said my password was incorrect which I know it was not. I also don't see my wallet file on my hard drive where I saved it during set up. Will it now show up until it is funded?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

14. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Sometimes the wallet file has issues. As long as you still have a private key you can use the Migration process to restore the wallet.

15. Bsully

Bsully

Phoenix
    Private key being the one they give you when you sign up? I'm afraid to log out of the Rippex app, last time i did I was unable to log back in and ended up signing up for a new account.