Rippex Guide for storing Ripple (XRP)

Knowledgebase Forum - May 16th 2017

1. Bsully

Bsully

Phoenix
    I've logged out of Rippex and am once again unable to log in using my password. I suppose the Ripple I sent to my wallet is now gone?

2. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    Yes. When you have the private key you can download a new wallet file and access your same account.

3. salvatore

salvatore

italia
    ciao a tutti, io circa 20 giorni fa ho comprato 300 increspature su Kraken e li ho spostati sul desktop portafoglio increspato senza essermi registrato su rippex online, ad oggi non ci sono transazioni sul portafoglio, cosa ho sbagliato? Cosa dovrei fare per ottenere le mie increspature?

4. salvatore

salvatore

italia
    ciao a tutti, io circa 20 giorni fa ho comprato 300 increspature su Kraken e li ho spostati sul portafoglio increspato del desktop senza essermi registrato su rippex online, fino ad oggi non ci sono voci sul portafoglio, cosa ho sbagliato? Cosa dovrei fare per arrivare alle mie increspature?

5. dnack

dnack

Singapore
    I am new to Ripple. I want to buy XRP on Bitstamp. How do i fund or transfer money to Bitstamp to buy XRP? Can i use credit card ?

6. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    I do believe Bitstamp accepts a bank account and a credit card. However, approval time may take awhile as these exchanges are overwhelmed with new sign ups.

7. Pieball

Pieball

Belfast n. Ireland
    i ve a question is the 20 xp reserve still yours? because at $2 a coin $40 is pretty expensive

8. Pieball

Pieball

Belfast n. Ireland
    im keeping my ripple on IQ option i see theres alot of big traders on their stats moving 100s of k a day so it must be pretty secure and the verification process was worse than getting a loan from a bank

9. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    In general I don’t trust any hosted wallet for long term storage. Short term is usually fine but long term a private wallet is a safer option. And technically if the base reserve of 20XRP is unrecoverable, it’s technically not yours anymore.

10. Pieball

Pieball

Belfast n. Ireland
    lol i trust myself less, im not very tech literate i have basic computer skills id say id lose it before them tbh lol , only bought a pc in December haven't had one since i was at school i work as a mechanic never need one except the diagnostic tool

11. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    I understand. A lot of people are in that boat. But now is the time to learn. A lot of people trusted Mt Gox and the DAO. And they were just fine for quite some time. But it only takes a matter of seconds to lose everything.

12. Pieball

Pieball

Belfast n. Ireland
    btw @V4Vendetta i have already learnt a lesson on that ,half of what i own has been stuck on coinsmarkets for 10 days since the site crashed not sure if ill ever get it back, you are right ill just have to take my time and try to learn, its not that im stupid im just out of touch but hopefully ill pick it up, ive had to google basic functions of the pc didnt even know how to take a screenshot lol

V4Vendetta likes this.
  13. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta

Texas
    No worries, we were all new once. Plus this tech changes so much even experts have a hard time keeping up.

Pieball likes this.