Transfer Ripple XRP from Rippex to an exchange?

evo

Site Admin
Apr 2017
Seattle
Decide what exchange you want to use to invest in other coins, and make sure that exchange supports Ripple. When you login to the exchange, make sure there is 30 XRP in your Ripple wallet so the wallet is activated and can accept incoming XRP you send it. If you bought Ripple on an exchange, then that wallet should already be good to go. And sending Ripple from your Rippex wallet to the exchange is a fairly easy process.
  1. Open up your Rippex wallet to access your available XRP.
  2. Go to the Send function of the wallet.
  3. For the wallet address, copy in the XRP wallet address from the exchange.
  4. Declare how much Ripple you want to send.
  5. And then send your XRP!
As always, check and double check that you are only sending XRP to an XRP wallet. If you send it to a different wallet, you will lose your XRP forever.

The transfer should take less than 15 minutes to go through, depending on how fast the exchange is processing incoming deposits.

Let us know if you need some help along the way and we can assist.

:)

Thanks heaps I'm using COINSPOT in australia and there doesn't seem to be an option to send your coins back to that wallet once they have been moved....Unless I'm missing something

evo

Site Admin
Apr 2017
Seattle
Thanks for the screenshot.

It says it right there... We don't allow Ripple to be sent to Coinspot.

So there is your answer.

You are going to have to send your Ripple to an exchange of your choice when you want to sell. I recommend Poloniex or Binance. And remember to have 30 XRP in that exchange wallet before you send your Ripple.

evo

Site Admin
Apr 2017
Seattle
And looking at Coinspot, their exchange doesn't support Ripple either.

I do not like their setup. They may be perfectly fine and safe for purchasing Ripple, but I would recommend you move any Ripple you buy from them into a wallet you control and trust.

yeah all my ripple is in my bittrex wallet on my desktop.. in the bittrex wallet i already have 20 XRP in the reserve if and or eventually when i wanted to sell am i going to loose more XRP if i move it to an exchange to sell??

evo

Site Admin
Apr 2017
Seattle
yeah all my ripple is in my bittrex wallet on my desktop.. in the bittrex wallet i already have 20 XRP in the reserve if and or eventually when i wanted to sell am i going to loose more XRP if i move it to an exchange to sell??
I am confused. Bittrex is not a wallet, it is an exchange. Do you mean Rippex?

You will not lose anything. When the day comes, send your XRP to the exchange of your choice, and sell your XRP for whatever the current market value is.