Wallets, Bitcoin, Ripple, Poloniex??

Status
Archived
From
UK
Hi

im new to cryptocurrency i live in the UK and just wanted to know if i used coinbase to deposit say £500 into my coinbase wallet then bought Bitcoin then transferred the Bitcoin to a Poloniex account and then used that Bitcoin to buy Ripple.

Where would my Ripple purchase be stored?

On my coinbase wallet?
On my Poloniex wallet? does Polinex have a wallet?

Thanks in advance.

From
London
Poloniex wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
From
UK
Thanks. If i then want to sell the Ripple into £. Do i have to first sell it back into Bitcoin then transfer it to Coinbase then withdraw it back to my bank account in £.

Or can i sell the Ripple on Poloniex back into £.

Last edited by a moderator:
From
Perthshire
How long does it normally take for Poloniex to be verified please ??

I've been mucking about and transferred €100 euros into Coinbase to buy BTC . . . I've bought them, but Poloniex isn't activated yet . . . If I keep them in my Coinbase wallet do they go up and down in value until I transfer them over to Poloniex ??

Question for HIRANUK . . . How long did it take Coinbase to verify your Bank Account ??

From
UK

I've been mucking about and transferred €100 euros into Coinbase to buy BTC . . . I've bought them, but Poloniex isn't activated yet . . . If I keep them in my Coinbase wallet do they go up and down in value until I transfer them over to Poloniex ??

Question for HIRANUK . . . How long did it take Coinbase to verify your Bank Account ??

Sorry I don't know I don't have a poloniex acct yet. I read on google that some say, you need to have at least €30 in the poloniex acct for it to be activated then you can send Bitcoin to it. If you don't have anything in the polonex acct you can raise a support ticket with them.

From
UK
Sorry I don't know I don't have a poloniex acct yet. I read on google that some say, you need to have at least €30 in the poloniex acct for it to be activated then you can send Bitcoin to it. If you don't have anything in the polonex acct you can raise a support ticket with them.

Sorry please ignore just realised your asking about Coinbase acct. again I don't know as I have only opened the Acct but not deposited anything yet

evo

Site Admin
They use an automated system, but if it doesn't work, then it has to be manually verified and it can take a significant amount of time. I know some people who have many months and still no verification.

That said, Poloniex just made a change with verification of user accounts, so I suspect this has taken higher priority and it will/should go through, otherwise people won't even be able to use the exchange anymore.
How long did it take Coinbase to verify your Bank Account ??
Coinbase verification of bank accounts should be relatively fast. Once you setup the account, I would encourage you to check your bank in 6/12/24 hours, and you will see the 2 pending charges. Even though those charges have not cleared, all you need is the dollar amounts that are shown as pending, and provide that info to Coinbase to confirm and complete the bank accounts.

I had one friend who had a Charles Schwab checking account, and he had some issues, but it did eventually go through. Every other bank account I've seen go through 100% just fine.

evo

Site Admin
Unless something has changed, that I'm not aware of, there is no minimum requirement to have and use Poloniex.

The only thing I can think of, which may lend to the confusion, is you need to have 30 XRP in your Poloniex Ripple wallet before the wallet is activated and can accept incoming XRP. This is a requirement of all Ripple XRP wallets, not just a requirement for Poloniex.

From
Perthshire
If Poloniex is playing up then . . . where else can I change my BTC into XRP then please ??

I also have a Ripple wallet as well

evo

Site Admin
If Poloniex is playing up then . . . where else can I change my BTC into XRP then please ??

I also have a Ripple wallet as well
There are multiple exchanges that have Ripple (XRP), but HitBTC is the only one that I know of that does not require any kind of verification, as long as you stay away from the USDT currency. Only keep your holdings in crypto. Send your BTC in, trade for what you want, send it back out.

Other exchanges where you can trade BTC to XRP are Binance, Bitfinex, Coinone, Bithumb, and more.

Bittrex also trades to XRP, but they are currently closed for new user registrations because they cannot handle the traffic.

Even though Poloniex doesn't have every coin, they have the best UI when it comes to looking at charts.

Status
Archived