evo

Site Admin
Apr 2017
Seattle
There has been significant news coverage and developments in recent weeks about changes to digital currency networks. These are sometimes called “forks”. Here is a simple, non-technical explanation to add context to recent discussions.

What is a “fork”?

A “fork” is a change to the software of the digital currency that creates two separate versions of the blockchain with a shared history. Forks can be temporary, lasting for a few minutes, or can be a permanent split in the network creating two separate versions of the blockchain. When this happens, two different digital currencies are also created.

Why are changes made to digital currency protocols like Bitcoin and Ethereum?

Each digital currency uses open-source software protocols with independent development teams responsible for changes and improvements to the network, much in the same way that changes to Internet protocols allow web browsing to become better over time.

The mission is to create an open financial system for the world, and digital currencies will be fundamental in achieving this mission. However, many of these digital currencies are still in early development. Making improvements to the software , such as the number of transactions the network can support , is crucial to creating the next generation of finance.

Why do forks happen?

There are a few reasons why a fork can happen. For example, when a change is proposed to a digital currency protocol, users need to show their support for the new version and upgrade, in a similar way to people regularly update applications on their computer. In order for these changes to get approved, many people need to agree, just as changes to cell phone networks require many phone companies to agree.

Yes actually!! It is significant change or update to the technology that is still compatible with traditional versions of the code. thanks for sharing.

It is a nice post to understand what actually fork is. Fork is of two types, hard fork and soft fork. It usually happens when the blockchain is split into two subs. Crypto traders need to keep an eye on the moments of forking in the cryptos they are dealing in. Thanks!

hello guys,
could you recommend any good sources to learn "everything" about cryptocurrencies, bitcoin & co.? To be added: I'm a newbie, but I do have basic knowledge... I want to learn more about this topic - books, websites, blogs or maybe also video channels? looking forward to reading your inputs! cheers, Alex!

hello guys,
could you recommend any good sources to learn "everything" about cryptocurrencies, bitcoin & co.? To be added: I'm a newbie, but I do have basic knowledge... I want to learn more about this topic - books, websites, blogs or maybe also video channels? looking forward to reading your inputs! cheers, Alex!
If you really want to read everything about cryptocurrencies then just go through some sites , latest news, blogs, updates..etc

techcrunch.com
independent.co.uk
bitcoinist.com

For blogs check out this link

blog.feedspot.com/cryptocurrency_blogs

For latest updates about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology just check out ccn.com

I hope this will helpful for you.

If you really want to read everything about cryptocurrencies then just go through some sites , latest news, blogs, updates..etc

techcrunch.com
independent.co.uk
bitcoinist.com

For blogs check out this link

blog.feedspot.com/cryptocurrency_blogs

For latest updates about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology just check out ccn.com

I hope this will helpful for you.
hey, thank you very much for your reply - already checked out some of your tips :)) one question left - I'm currently also looking for good videos about bitcoin, cryptocurrencies - educational, but not only .... so if you knew good youtube channels for instance, I would be really thankful :) and thank you one more time for your reply and inputs =) helped already! cheers

hey, thank you very much for your reply - already checked out some of your tips :)) one question left - I'm currently also looking for good videos about bitcoin, cryptocurrencies - educational, but not only .... so if you knew good youtube channels for instance, I would be really thankful :) and thank you one more time for your reply and inputs =) helped already! cheers
For this dont go through the channels because they are pro in some part but they make videos on every point. So just go to google and fire your query and get best videos for bitcoin and crypto educational related video. Still check out some following youtube video channel on list.

• 3Blue1Brown
  • CryptoCasey
I think it will helpful for you. Good Day!