Where to invest?

Status
Archived
From
UK
Hey Tommy,

Where you put your money depends on a number of things - such as how much money you have, how much time you have to be playing with your investments, what you’re prepared to lose, if you have previous trading experience, what you are in to and understand.

From my side I’m chasing medium to long term profits (6, 12, 18 months) and investing in the newer Cryptos mostly with about 1/3 of my money in more established ones such as Ethereum (ETH). This hopefully gives me a balance of risk and reward, accepting this entire market is risky right now. I'll buy into Ethereum (ETH) because I like the Smart Contract idea, use of the platform by other Cryptos and from what I can tell (though I DO need to do more reading) they have a solid development path that will keep it moving ahead.

For the newer coins and tokens I am invested in Ripple (XRP) and IOTA Token (IOTA). I’m looking which to choose amongst Cardano (ADA) and Verge (XVG). This is mainly because I see a valid use case for these in the real world. I don’t like investing (risking) money in a crypto that seems like an amusing/interesting idea, but no real legs. I can see each of those 4 being used almost irrespective of what happens in the Crypto space. That means a possible jump in price or at least a steady price rise that maybe then settles, but which will allow me to take some profit.

Others that have my attention include 0x (ZRX), DeepBrain Chain (DBC), Ark (ARK), Crypterium (CRPT), Electroneum (ETM) and Dentacoin (DTC). These are interesting for two reasons; firstly I think they have the potential to see significant rise but secondly, I get why they should exist and see a team behind them that should make them work. They’re also cheap so I have the money to spread across them and wait.

Cy

Reactions: evo
From
Uk
Hey Tommy,

Where you put your money depends on a number of things - such as how much money you have, how much time you have to be playing with your investments, what you’re prepared to lose, if you have previous trading experience, what you are in to and understand.

From my side I’m chasing medium to long term profits (6, 12, 18 months) and investing in the newer Cryptos mostly with about 1/3 of my money in more established ones such as Ethereum (ETH). This hopefully gives me a balance of risk and reward, accepting this entire market is risky right now. I'll buy into Ethereum (ETH) because I like the Smart Contract idea, use of the platform by other Cryptos and from what I can tell (though I DO need to do more reading) they have a solid development path that will keep it moving ahead.

For the newer coins and tokens I am invested in Ripple (XRP) and IOTA Token (IOTA). I’m looking which to choose amongst Cardano (ADA) and Verge (XVG). This is mainly because I see a valid use case for these in the real world. I don’t like investing (risking) money in a crypto that seems like an amusing/interesting idea, but no real legs. I can see each of those 4 being used almost irrespective of what happens in the Crypto space. That means a possible jump in price or at least a steady price rise that maybe then settles, but which will allow me to take some profit.

Others that have my attention include 0x (ZRX), DeepBrain Chain (DBC), Ark (ARK), Crypterium (CRPT), Electroneum (ETM) and Dentacoin (DTC). These are interesting for two reasons; firstly I think they have the potential to see significant rise but secondly, I get why they should exist and see a team behind them that should make them work. They’re also cheap so I have the money to spread across them and wait.

Cy
Hi Cy
I read your post with interest thank you. I an relatively new to the crypto business, I have a small amount of Eths in a Bitcoin wallet and wanted to ask can I store any currency in it, or where would I store Ripple etc if I were to buy them? I will only be buying small amounts for 6- 12 months at a time.
Thank you for reading, if you do!
Glyn.

From
UK
Hey Glyn,

I won't say I'm researched enough to recommend a specific wallet, but happy to share what and how I use some for my Crypto.

If you're buying and storing, for sale in several months, then I'd say the standard recommendation is the Ledger Nano S hardware key. Link for reference - https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s. This takes BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP and more.

Given how paranoid I am about security and future access and my dislike of a single point of failure, I also use several wallets of different types across multiple platforms. I'm sure that's total overkill for the holdings I have but it allows me to essentially forget about them. Some I use are Rippex for Ripple, Jaxx for mobile and Exodus for the laptop. I also print (several copies) for cold storage using https://walletgenerator.net/ and have them across two locations.

I'm sure some of the forum members here have a better idea of wallet choice and management. Evo, V4Vendettta, Penguin1 or 2by2HandsOfBlue are more schooled on this I would think.

Cy

From
Uk
Hey Glyn,

I won't say I'm researched enough to recommend a specific wallet, but happy to share what and how I use some for my Crypto.

If you're buying and storing, for sale in several months, then I'd say the standard recommendation is the Ledger Nano S hardware key. Link for reference - https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s. This takes BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP and more.

Given how paranoid I am about security and future access and my dislike of a single point of failure, I also use several wallets of different types across multiple platforms. I'm sure that's total overkill for the holdings I have but it allows me to essentially forget about them. Some I use are Rippex for Ripple, Jaxx for mobile and Exodus for the laptop. I also print (several copies) for cold storage using https://walletgenerator.net/ and have them across two locations.

I'm sure some of the forum members here have a better idea of wallet choice and management. Evo, V4Vendettta, Penguin1 or 2by2HandsOfBlue are more schooled on this I would think.

Cy
Hi Cy
Thanks for that, I think I will go with the Ledger Nano S.
I don't know where you are in the world but I am in the UK and struggling to find anyone who exchanges coins for GBP. If you withdraw from Coinbase they do it in €'s, I am not sure how good Localethereum.com is for transactions of Eths? Any advice/thoughts?
Many thanks
Glyn.

evo

Site Admin
I am in the UK and struggling to find anyone who exchanges coins for GBP.
In a blog post on December 18, 2017 from Coinbase - "We are working hard to bring back GBP wires as soon as possible."

Hopefully, Coinbase adds GBP back so you can directly wire funds, which would be cheaper for you.

From
Uk
In a blog post on December 18, 2017 from Coinbase - "We are working hard to bring back GBP wires as soon as possible."
Hopefully, Coinbase adds GBP back so you can directly wire funds, which would be cheaper for you.

Yeah hopefully!
Thanks Evo

Reactions: evo
From
UK
UK here too.

GBP trading would be great. The whole process of converting to and from EUR or USD and back again is a pain and costly. Add to that the hoop-jumping we have to do for the verification process and it's no wonder there's so many people not even looking at Crypto yet.

Cy

From
Uk
UK here too.

GBP trading would be great. The whole process of converting to and from EUR or USD and back again is a pain and costly. Add to that the hoop-jumping we have to do for the verification process and it's no wonder there's so many people not even looking at Crypto yet.

Cy
Agreed, it's all my friends keep saying, so they don't invest! My outlook is that you have to be in it to win it and I personally can only see crypto's becoming the future.
We need to start up a GBP exchange

Status
Archived