Which exchange and wallet have the most supported coin types?

Status
Archived
From
hawaii
I'm looking for an exchange that will give me the greatest diversity on the buying end (about 20 different coins), and a wallet or easy combination of wallets that support those coins.
So as far as greatest diversity, what are my best options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From
Macau
jsnip4 recommends the Exodus (wallet).

https://www.exodus.io/

I only have BTC and ETH so I use a Trezor, so no experience with the above mentioned wallet. Just thought I'd mention it as there are no replies to your post yet.

Last edited:

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
Bitfinex, Poloniex, and Kraken are among the largest exchanges offering the most coin trading options, but Poloniex definitely supports the most coins. However, be aware that low volume coins or coins that fail to meet Poloniex's requirements to stay on the exchange can be delisted, which will have a significant impact on the value of the coin. Kraken also delists from time to time but not as frequent as Poloniex, and Kraken is a bit more transparent about their delisting process, while Poloniex will release a twitter statement out of nowhere.

As for wallet options, most coins have their own wallets via their website, whereas others may offer particular Desktop wallets or hardware wallets. Paper wallets are a good idea because they can't be hacked, but hosted wallets like Coinbase and GateHub, are good for those who may be a little less tech savvy and want quick access to be able to trade or view their balances. Be selective about where you store your coins, especially for long term investments. If you have to go through a series of steps to get your coins back to an exchange to trade it for a more stable coin, you may lose all the value in the coin before you can get it back in. But large exchanges are notorious for being hacked and always have that potential so long term storage on an exchange is not advisable. It is best to research each coin you want to invest in prior to investing in it to determine its volatility, wallet options, exchange options and support, and its long term potential for stability and growth.

I'm looking for an exchange that will give me the greatest diversity on the buying end (about 20 different coins), and a wallet or easy combination of wallets that support those coins.
So as far as greatest diversity, what are my best options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Status
Archived