WTH!? Is Bittrex gaming Cardano ADA?

Status
Archived

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
I just watched Cardano (ADA) go from $0.20 to $0.33 in a 24 hour period and it didn't look like the momentum was stopping. Then suddenly I log into Bittrex and see this:
Auto Maint ADA.png
Aka, you can't access the wallet to buy it. And now the price is dropping. ADA Price.png
That's some odd timing for "Automated Maintenance;" right as a coin is having the biggest rally since its launch, and the fact that Bittrex is the only exchange supporting ADA. This is why people hate exchanges.

From
US
I just watched Cardano (ADA) go from $0.20 to $0.33 in a 24 hour period and it didn't look like the momentum was stopping. Then suddenly I log into Bittrex and see this:
View attachment 75
Aka, you can't access the wallet to buy it. And now the price is dropping. View attachment 76
That's some odd timing for "Automated Maintenance;" right as a coin is having the biggest rally since its launch, and the fact that Bittrex is the only exchange supporting ADA. This is why people hate exchanges.
So, I assume they did that on purpose

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

From
US
I realized I missed a 0. But I've noticed several times when coins surge, mysteriously their Bittrex wallet is down for "maintenance." Could just be coincidence but it is a little fishy.
That seems pretty obvious. I think they do that on purpose which bs.
How long is it down?

From
US
So, my question is, what if someone bought a coin and made a butt loads of money (a few million).
How would one would be able to cash out? Especially if, these exchanges has limits on how much u can withdraw and or u have bittrex doing illegal crap?

For example, people that bought into bitcoin early on.

V4Vendetta

From
Texas
What? So, if it doesn't drop too quickly, it will be down for a couple of days?
That's bs.

Who knows. Doesn't happen all the time. Anyway, depending on the exchange you need to build up your limits over time. If you have a large amount of money you can usually apply for a large investor account, and go under greater financial scrutiny, but that way you can buy and sell more.

Status
Archived